1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Kitty wont eat or drink, HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Mr.Roo, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Mr.Roo

Mr.Roo New Member

Someone please help me, cat wont eat or drink and stays under bed all day, but it is happy when it sees me and purrs, what do i do!?

..........For more details i posted another topic about my kitty. thanks so much everyone!!!!!!!!!

JUST AN UPDATE.....
    Brought Mr.Roo to the vet, he may have some kind of kidney problems due to the him not drinking, think he will be ok. the vet game him a steriod shot and 100ccs of water and he seems to be alittle better. I still would love to hear from someone, who may know something about this condition. thanks!

2. Mr.Roo

Mr.Roo New Member

HES BETTER <3333333333

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

i've been on vacation just checking in....be sure you keep an eye on this and did the vet suggest a special diet?

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Vacation.....where'd you go Mary???

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi again. I didn't see your updated post until after I posted on your first one. I am glad you took him to the vet. Is he still doing better?

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

oh didn't go anywhere....vacation to me is mental health time from work. I painted mostly

7. Hutchie

Hutchie New Member

Cat not eating or drinking

I have had cats who became so ill they would not eat or drink anything. I tried canned food which they normally devoured, but I read about cooking some chicken breast, adding rice, and blending this thoroughly so the chicken and rice are chopped into very tiny pieces. I make this with plenty of water and some salt to help fluid retention. When I offered this, they went after it as if they were starving. At first they drank the liquid mostly. I offered this every few hours and then they started eating the rice and chicken too and they did get better. I have tried this on several cats over the years who would be fine one day and then they would get sick quickly and look like they were wasting away. Not sure why it worked for these cats but it is sure worth a try. When they refused canned food I did not think they would do anything with this mixture but I was desperate to help them and so glad that I did.