1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

kumas sick, AGAIN

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by kyles101, May 13, 2004.

1. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

ok i am sick to death of kuma being sick and vets telling me its financially not worth investigating. this morning she had diarrhea all over the carpet, as she does quite often. just then i was out the back and thought id check to see if she had done anything out there. she had and it had blood in it! it was bright red too, no old blood. i collected some in a sterile dressing pack container [horay for having medical supplies] and im going to take her and the sample to the vet and demand they test it. i am convinced there is something wrong with her. any ideas of what blood means?

2. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

righty-o. the vet basically said whats happening to kuma is not normal. she is reffering us to the murdoch vet clinic where they can perform better tests on her and will be able to give a definate diagnosis. she said if they needed to do a biopsy it could cost 1000 dollars! wow. im going to take her there as soon as i get an appointment. if she poos out more blood we will need to get some anti biotics too so her bloodstream doesnt get infected.

on a happy note i got her a matching lupine collar [the cow one] for her birthday, and got her original leash replaced as it was broken.

3. Sara

Sara New Member

My two female pits used to poo the diarrhea and sometimes had a small ammount of blood in it... I just switched their food to lam and rice formula or some kind for sensitive stomachs...

Bright red and lots of it sounds more serious than that... Not worth investigating financially??? What is that about?

4. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

kumas on the most blandest food i can get her to eat. we have had so many diet changes to fix her problem which shes had ever since weve had her :( a couple of the vets at the clinic i go to think that no one wants to spend money on their pets. so they dont test for anything if they have doubts about the test showing anything. they probably come across so many people who dont want to pay much for their pets that they end up not suggesting things in the end. the vet i saw today was nice though, first time someone has mentioned taking kuma to murdoch clinic. she also thought kuma was super cute too :wink:

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Poor Kuma :( , give her big hugs from Jake and Wylie. I hope you find something out soon

honeybear

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Smokey did that when we first got him. (he was on that awful canned food) After several tests, bills, and check ups, and exams, they both came to the conclusion that it was from the dry dog food. Since my dogs are on raw and don't have abrasive foods in their system, the dry food was "scraping" his intestines. They said since it was a small amount of blood and not old or continuous, not to worry about it.

Since he only eats dry food as a snack when he's home and not working, it should be fine. But not to feed him large amounts of it.

I since switched their dry "snack" food to the softer Pedigree chunks.

7. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

So Sorry

so sorry to hear about Kuma, will be Praying for you both. Hope everything turns out great. These vets just don't know how much we care for our babies.

8. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Oh so sorry to hear kuma is sick :cry: I hope everything turns out ok and it's nothing to serious.
    You and Kuma will be in my thoughts and prayers.

9. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

its not her food samsintentions. i wish it were though because then we could fix it. we give her homecooked/raw. everytime we do something new we think its solved the problem but it eventually comes back.

10. Kylie, I'm sorry to hear Kuma is sick again :( poor thing! I hope you get a good report from the clinic, and that whatever it is, it's fixable!

Apat for her!

Susan