1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Kyrre is neutered!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Bente, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Bente

Bente New Member

Poor cat! Well, it got to be done sooner or later :wink:
    The vet booked him for tuesday morning, so wish us luck!

But the receptionist didn't say anything about taking his food away, and stupid me forgot to ask... is it possible that they do it without the anaesthesia?

WELL.... :shock: How do I remove a tick???
    Kyrre just walked in, and hes got a tick on his stomach :-& I know from my childhood that they are HARD to get off, but I've never actually done it myself. Is it sometning like grab, twist, pull? I also think I've heard something about using olive oil...

Update:
    Phuui! False tick alarm... Or, it was a maggot... Just as disgusting if you ask me, but much easier to remove.

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

grab as close to the head as possible with tweezers and pull STRAIGHT out. Also clean the would well too if you can. There might be a bump for a few days after cause the tick can squirt out a substance that causes irritation and it causes a rather nasty bump - so don't be surprised if one develops.

My vet always tells me no food after 7pm when a cat is going under anesthesia, but water is fine....but this varies. Some say water is okay, some say no. You might want to call on Monday and ask to see what your vet advices.

And good luck to the little fella.

3. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Good luck with the surgery!

4. Michelle Wachniak

Michelle Wachniak New Member

Good luck to you and baby! I think sometimes it's harder on mum!! Take care Bente!

It broke my heart to leave Ruby at the vets for a day while I went to work. And when I went to get her, the receptionist said "Ruby's mum better come to the back with us and get her..........she DOES NOT like us at all !!" Poor Ruby was in the very back of the cage, all squinty eyed.........laying there. She even half-heartedly hissed at me when I was trying to get her to come to me. Poor poor monkey!! Her bare belly after she healed was fun though!! Very ticklish!!!

5. vene

vene New Member

Good luck! :eek: :mrgreen:

6. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Kyrre will be fine...a little dissoriented for a couple of days from the anaesthesia but should be fine. I'm sure they'll anaesthesise him. Call and ask about the food thing. That's always the best adivce and only takes a minute.

Im glad the tick was a false call!. But in the future, if it happens, you can smear the tick and surrounding area thick with vasoline. The tick will not be able to get oxygen and will back out. It takes a little time. Or you can light a match, blow it out and touch the tick with the hot match head. Or a lit cigarette will also make them back out but you'll need help holding Kyrre still so as to not harm her.

Take care of my pseudobaby!

PS...Kyrre should be getting our cat swap pressie soon! Maybe that will cheer him up :mrgreen:

7. Bente

Bente New Member

We can't wait! :eek:

I'm actually going to cancel Kyrres vet appointment on Tusday... I just heard from my best friend that she got her two cats neutered a few days ago, she went to a private practicing vet instead of the animal clinic. If i were to take Kyrre to the clinic I would pay 700 Norvegian kroner, this private vet only charges 250 kroner!! :shock: So i'm definitvely taking Kyrre to him. I'll call first thing tomorrow.

8. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

oooo cheaper is better!

good luck.. *sighs* soon it will be Razs turn... Kyyre is so close in age with him hehe

about the ticks thing.. lol i found out when i was using nair hair removal cream they REALLY dont like that and ah.. die quite prompty.

9. vene

vene New Member

Spew! 8-[ :-& :0024:

10. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

good luck on neutering day. :p sounds like a great deal the 250 kroner.... :wink:

max was out of anesthesia after a couple of hours. usually they let them come home at the end of the day. they called me in three hours and said he was up and about!! he slept that day...the next, he was back at it...running and jumping. they say to not let them do it...but unless i locked him away in the bathroom...it was impossible. he jumped on chairs...couches...everything. drove me bananas.... :shock:

yeah kyrrie!!!!! be brave for your momma!!! :eek:

11. i_love_my_ollie

i_love_my_ollie New Member

yeah good luck iv only got 2months and ollie has to have hes im gona hate leaving him there wivout hes mummy im gona feel so bad wen he getsback ill probly spoil himrotten for a few days :kiss_heart:

12. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Bente, let us know when Kyrre goes in. He's my little baby too :p . I mailed the package 7-10 day mail last Friday so you'll probably get it Monday or Tuesday. I also just recently mailed out a Christmas card to you with a long letter in it. I felt bed that I was so rushed packing the box that all I had the time to do was toss the toys in and tape it up. And you took so much time to personalize the one you sent to me and Booger. Thank you so much.

The cat swap was so much fun. I can't wait to do it again! I'm just as excited at you receiving yours as I was to receive ours!

Give Kyrre a hug for me!

13. Bente

Bente New Member

Aww, thanks Cassie! :kiss_her:

We canceled his appointment at the clinic yesterday, and the private vet told us to call him on monday. So hopefully Kyrre will be neutered sometimes during next week... I'll let you know! :) And I agree, this cat swap has been so much fun! I know a box with toys will be truly appreciated. Kyrre is really bored now days, and he does all kinds of naughty stuff... I can't wait!
    Give Booger a hug too :D

14. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

Good luck Bente and Kyrre!!

15. Bente

Bente New Member

We got an appointment tomorrow! :shock: :eek:
    I'll take away his food when i get home from work tonight, and i'll keep you updated :wink:

16. vene

vene New Member

Good luck, good luck! :eek:

17. i_love_my_ollie

i_love_my_ollie New Member

yeah good luck im sure it will all be fine let us know how it goes :m10:

18. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Good luck with the Vet. I'm sure Kyrre will be fine. Lucidity's kitty is getting spayed today. I hope all goes will with her, too.

19. vene

vene New Member

Good luck Lucidity. Don't forget to ask for painkillers for her post-op.

20. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

lucidity...is that kitters??? thats getting spayed?

and bente....any news when you are taking kyrre in? :0011: