1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Land Snails ...can you

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by erin, Dec 22, 2004.

1. erin

erin New Member

can you hold land snails? like garden snails

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

what do u mean by hold, as in actually hold them in your hand? if so, i dont see any reason why you couldnt.

3. pitseleh74

pitseleh74 New Member

I have Giant African Land Snails and I've had other land snails int he past, and although some of them are shy, generaly they quite like being held. They'll crawl on your hand and rasp your fingers with their radula (tongue).

Here's Anakin, my Achatina reticlulata...

[​IMG]

Morgan

4. erin

erin New Member

I heard you can get selmanela from snails is that true?

5. daisy0802

daisy0802 New Member

I would say probably. a lot of wild animals can give you salmonella. amphibians, reptiles, birds, and others. Even so, you have a very small chance of getting it. as long as you wash your hands good after every time you hold them.

6. BeatrixMom

BeatrixMom New Member

I have held snails before with no problems. You can get samonella from all sorts of different animals, you just have to practice good hygeine and wash your hands thoroughly after handling the little critters. Should be no problem.