1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

lets talk about toys!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, Apr 16, 2004.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

How many of you have separate boxes of toys and rotate them. They say to have 2 boxes and rotate them like every 6 months to a year so they dont get bored and you arnt always buying new toys.

I dont do this, I have toys in the basket I got 7 years ago when Jake was a pup and he just never liked them. I always thought of donating them, but never got around to it. But he has found a few lately that he is playing with and nothing else. One is 6 years old and the other is like 3 years old. He just digs around until he finds the one he wants.

Honeybear

2. winnie

winnie New Member

i have a basket i leave out with the same toys, but there are like 30 toys...hehe....now with the puppy she likes them all and has got winnie interested in them agian, they always want what the other has ;)

3. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

Boxes?? :shock: Our dogs use to have a toy basket... But I took it back because they wouldn't put the toys back in!! lol

They (3 dogs) have about 10 to 15 tennis balls :shock: ... hidden in various places, like under the tv, under the kitchen cabinet that sits off the floor and a couple are hidden outside! :roll: I can see 3 of the tennis balls right now. lol

As for unusal toys.. our Chi likes to play with empty toilet paper rolls and those plastic easter eggs. He only gets the easter eggs at easter and they get stepped on by his humans and are thrown away. The new cat also likes to play with the eggs. With our old cat I use to put his favorite ball in the bath tub and he played with it in there. lol

4. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

We have a really nice toy box for them but my poms cant reach it so they just knock it over. They hate all their toys until someone plays with it then they all want it. I also keep their leashes and clothes in there, its a bix box! I had never heard to rotate their toys. Ours seem to be doing ok with theirs they suprisingly are not too destructive with their toys either.

5. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

weve got a toy box filled with various toys for our pups, including squeakies, balls, and ropes. Well out of all the toys there (some a bit expensive) they choose to play with a homemade tug of war braid, and a 99 cent beanie baby!

I think they like those two the best because they can play tug of war easier, and that is there main obsession. their second obsession is trying to chew off eachothers limbs :shock: weird

6. Jules

Jules New Member

My dogs never get bored of their toys, they love anything they can throw around! I occasionally buy some new one's, but I always buy cheap ropes and balls and stuff because they have the same brand toys in pet shops for about 10 times the price! Anyway toys don't last long around here- I have to get the sturdy ones. I once bought Bendy a plastic dog beer bottle, and he chewed it up in less than an hour. :roll: and my dogs always want the toy the other one has too! Same as kids... :0009:
    I don't keep them in a box, I'm not picking up their slimy wet and dirty toys and putting them all together!
    I find so many tennis balls when I do the vacuuming!

7. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Our local dollar tree has tons of nice toys for the dogs. I always pick them up something when we are in there. I just cant spend tons of money on toys cause the more expensive they are the less they play with them. One of my poms favorite toy came from an 88 cent bin at Wal-Mart!

8. goob

goob New Member

We have a bunch of toys that we leave out all the time; then there are a bunch they don't really play with, but I toss out occasionally for a few weeks just as something new; then there are toys they do like, but that they only get at certain times that are put away as well. Toys left out all the time are a couple tough rubber bones and toys, big tennis ball, treat balls (empty most of the time), and a few stuffies. Then in the box (toys they get for a change) are a bunch of squeakies, stuffies, balls, etc that I've accumulated over time. "Special" toys are like the squirrel frisbee, the tennis tails (tennis balls with "tails", drives them batty :lol: ), and certain stuffies that Goo likes that the others would chew up. Then we also have a few outside only toys.... soda bottles, the big plastic ball, etc.

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

We use an old plastic crate that Nala outgrew. The door is completely off - I broke it by mistake so we just took it the rest of the way off. I toss the toys in there and they will stick their heads in to get stuff out when they want it.

The dogs mostly have chew stuff now - filled bones and nylabones, etc. All the soft toys (that Nala LOVED) I had to take away because she would rip them to shreds and try to eat the stuffing. The only non-chew toys we have out right now are a few balls and a ring made out of the tennis ball stuff. Nala loves that one.

Sometimes I get out a rope toy or a plush toy to play with under supervision - but then I have to take it away when Nala settles down to ripping it up.

Jamiya