1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

License To Breed

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by loves-da-pits, Mar 27, 2004.

1. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I was reading the post from Angie from the Allagash P.B. Rescue. She mentioned about making it law(state) to license breeders who are breeding to sell pups. I believe there are certified DVMs and breeding experts who make periodic inspections on licensed breeders to see if they are complying with state quidelines. I know there are breeders on this board ,and was just wondering their input on this. I personally would join any lobbyist working for a state law making it illegal for an unlicensed breeders to make a profit from breeding animals of any kind. There are 30 or more ads in our classifieds each day for APBT. A very tiny % are licensed breeders.

2. chickee

chickee New Member

I don't know of any vets and the like making periodic checks. At least they don't over here.

As far as being licensed, I have no problem with that. A lot of places have guidelines anyway on what would be considered a kennel and what isn't. Some going by the number of adults you have, and how many litters. Or how many dogs you have on ground for a particular time, which includes the NUMBER of puppies in a litter per year, blah, blah, blah. If you are considered to be a kennel with your local legislation, you will have to comply to their rules, or be fined. Every place is different. At this point in time, breeding is considered a 'hobby' for most...

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Oh I think having a licence would be a GREAT Idea!! I think it would really help to limit the # of BYB> IMO.

Sad to think, but I think some people need licences to have kids, let alone breed dogs!!!

4. pitzerlover

pitzerlover New Member

LOL Sam. Sad but true indeed. I don't think that it should be an option for some people to have anything that breathes! :shock: