1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

liver as food

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by kevinRB, Apr 1, 2004.

1. kevinRB

kevinRB New Member

im currently feeding my piranha liver is this a good idea,will the piranha get its proper neutrition to grow?

2. Hooben

Hooben New Member

I have never heard of liver as food. The problem with liver would be the water getting really dirty very fast. Many aquarist argue that a fish in the
    wild would never eat liver or beefheart. I know that beefheart promotes super quick growth, but may not be very nutritious. Possibly the same could be said for liver.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Since one of the functions of the liver is to remove toxins from the blood, I really wouldn't want to eat it (plus it tastes disgusting too, IMO).

The only mammal product I've heard of that is okay to feed to fish is beefheart because it contains very little fat.

-Chelle

4. t_h_e_s_a_c_k

t_h_e_s_a_c_k New Member

5. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi kevinRB, Liver is not really good for feeding to your fish. Liver has a very high iron content.

6. arcticfox

arcticfox New Member

Hi kevin,when I had Piranha's I used to feed them beefheart,they thrived on it,plus of course they are rather partial to other fish lol,

In answer to Chelle about eating liver well Chelle over here in the UK it used to be a favourite food did liver and onions,it was indeed very tasty and it never did me any harm :)

7. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi arcticfox, I know this is a little off subject but when I was a kid my parents made me eat liver and onions. I'm sure glad I grew up. I have to agree with t_chelle16, UGGH!!!

8. arcticfox

arcticfox New Member

Well you did grow up so it didnt do you any harm did it :mrgreen: you are only saying that,you loved it really

9. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Give your fish something tasty to eat. They'll love you for it.