1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Loach

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Jun 21, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i got a new clown loach today and i was wondering how do you tell the genders?

2. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

The difference between the sexes is not easy to spot in young fish. In mature fish, a trained eye will notice the rather more slender build of the females. Best of luck.

3. OneWolvesDream

thanks and one more thing. ever since i got one he/she has been swimming up and down up and down the tank only stopping once in awhile for a snail. this is the first loach i have ever had and is this normal?

4. OneWolvesDream

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

Well that's pretty much what my younger clowns do. The older one however hardly swims at all and usually just hides all the time. That's ok, I still :kiss_heart: him!

6. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

well, my clown loach has been in his/her home for a good 6 months+. he has never gone up and down the tank but usually hides, but likes to rest up leaves of plants. which is odd. But hey, keeps him happy.

7. OneWolvesDream

lol. yeah this ibe us about 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches and is sooo hyper. he/she is swimmin all over the place though seems to favor the side furthest from the door but closest to me. :roll: :0023: then you will see him on the bottom eating. she/ he is a very active fish and seems to make all the others like that. you can even see my angel fish goin up and down and she is very inactive she just likes to slowly swim around. making all the fish active is worth the high costs

Amy check your pms!

8. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

i have!

hey perhaps it has something to do with my memory loss. umm, ill pm you, iv prob read it, got confused and thaught i typed bak. in fact, u pm moi.

ill promice to reply./

9. OneWolvesDream

amy:
    i sent you an pm.

10. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

Young clown loaches are very active. They are used to wipe out snails. Perhaps your clown loach are too excited in his new home :wink:

11. OneWolvesDream

lol. so funny. i have seen him/her eat almost all of my snails and flake food. lol. but yeah i think so. i mean if it is getting my angel fish to move around and up and down and the angel fish still be happy and not bothered then i think he likes his new home