1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

LOOK AT THIS.... HEEELLP!!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Mudpuppy, May 19, 2004.

1. Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy New Member

can u people please tell me what this is .... its white, slimy, and my fish eats it. its all over the gravel, tank sides, and the plants .... does anyone know what this is ?!?!?

just click the link below and when the install language pack comes up just hit cancel.... this link leads to the pictue of this slimy white stuff...

http://www.bambili.com/b_gallery/view_pic.asp?pic_lrg=MVC-676F.JPG&pic_text=

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

3. Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy New Member

i have a syphoning tbe thing similar to that

4. Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy New Member

TBE = TUBE ***

5. OneWolvesDream

transfer your fish into a temporary container then properly do a 50% water change. so you must have the water for the fish ste up 24 hours ahead of time and the new water set up 24 hours ahead of time and do a proper cleaning

6. Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy New Member

:? im confused

7. Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy New Member

:( cant i just take 1/2 the water out and put my fish in a bucket, clean all the gravel and plants, then put him right back in ?!?!? :(

8. OneWolvesDream

that would work to! just dont put the water you took out back

ok go now and set some new water. asin chemicals and all then do a second bucket of water with the chemicals and all so the water is now safe for fish then transer the fish into one set of water so they cant get in any trouble then do a 50% water/gravel cleaning. use the other water you had set out and poor it into the tank. then add the fish back.

1. set out two things of treated water overnight.
    2. when you are ready to clean put the fish in one container of treated water.
    3. do a 50% water/gravel cleaning
    4. use other treated water and poor in replacing all the water you took out,
    5. add the fish

9. Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy New Member

so i should put in some water in a bucket over night ..... and tomorrow add it to the tank..... is that what u r saying ?!?!

10. OneWolvesDream

that would work to

11. Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy New Member

:eek: thank you very much :eek:

thanks for spending time in helping me out

12. OneWolvesDream

sure no prob if u need more help pm me im goin now though! ttul

13. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Up close, does it look like this?
    [​IMG]

-Chelle

14. fishy_chick

fishy_chick New Member

I had that once. I few years ago I had a 10 gallon tank. I went away for the weekend and put one of those feeding blocks in the tank (I dont know what they're actually called) and when I got back home that slimy stuf was all over my gravel. I took my fish out, siphoned the gravel, did a 25% water change, and put the fish back in and they were fine.

15. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Eh, I despise thoes feeding blocks, for a few dollars more and a permant soluation i would buy a self feeder and just set the timmer the way you think it should be, the blocks leave TONS of residue and I spent alot of time trying to get my tank back to normal after a weekend.