1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Quiet Bird..

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by darkrabbit213, Jul 24, 2005.

1. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

I've been thinking about getting a bird for quite a while, they're just something that I've always wanted, but due to my living situation, I can't have just any bird. Can someone reccomend a quiet bird? I don't mean silent, just not one that squwaks really loudly I love the sound of little tweets. I don't know anything about birds either, I'm new to the whole bird world, so I was also wondering what kind of things I would need to start out with? A cage and food obviously... any help would be much appreciated :wink:

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I don't think there are a lot of quite birds available in regular pet shops. I don't even think that there are very quite birds period.

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LOL. Are you serious?

Anyway. Darkrabbit, what else do you want in a bird? Do you want to be able to interact with it, or do you just want to watch it?

Most finches are nice quiet little birds. Zebra finches make little beeping noises. And I have a pair of white headed nuns that make tiny little "pip" noises and sometimes they make a noise that sounds like a bomb being dropped out of a plane, only really quietly. :)

Finches don't like to interact with you, however. They can only be tamed with great difficulty and often times not at all. If you just want to watch them and hear their little noises, though, they are nice birds (but messy)!

4. armandndeb

armandndeb New Member

I agree finches are the easiest

I have two soceity finches and they are not noisey birds, just little peeps and the male will sing alittle, but they go to their nest which is there bed at 5pm and thats it for them until morning, I don,t even have to cover them, they make a great pet. I have 4 parakeets and now they are a totally different story, but wonderful pets as well.

5. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

I wouldn't mind either, I would like to have a bird to interact with but also wouldn't mind having a bird just to watch that would be content in it's cage.