1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Specific Bloodlines

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Sara, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Sara

Sara New Member

Okay folks. I'm on the hunt for a breed of specific bloodlines that go back heavily towards a bitch...Honeybunch... It's been so long since I've been out there and looking I've forgotten what line she is mostly responsible for... Been racking my brain for two days and so I figured I might as well ask around. Feel free to email if you want to take info. into email instead.

Thanks in advance

Sara

2. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

"Crenshaw's (Jerry's) Champion Honeybunch. Honeybunch was a bitch from the Carver and Boudreaux bloodline which genetically possessed such quality that, when bred to five different stud dogs, produced top dogs from every litter. There was no wrong way to breed this bitch. She produced quality from all five breeders. One of her sons, Crenshaw's Champion Jeep, is given credit in some circles for being one of the greatest producing studs of modern APBT history, You hear of fanciers, that credit Jeep with establishing a distinct "bloodline" of his own. We can argue that, Jeep is really a dog from the Honeybunch line or 25% Carver, 25% Boudreaux, 50% Loposay cross, depending on how far back in his pedigree you want to go or to whom you want to give the credit".

3. Sara

Sara New Member

I knew all of that already. I'm looking for current dogs which might appear in a bloodline that would contain much of Honeybunch's influence that we could see back in the day and even today. Jeep I know would be in there (unless one chooses another dog from those other famous champs she produced). Mostly I'm looking for a breeder of such lines.

Thanks

Sara

4. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Hi Sara, whats up haven't been on this board since forever. Just found it again by surfing. Are you still looking for a heavy Rascal male? I got your email so I'll be replying a little later.

There was no wrong way to breed this bitch.

I'd have to argue that, I'd say she is an outstanding producer and in almost every litter there were good dogs, CHs/GR CHs, but what about her litter to Zebo? That did not produce much of anything itself nor did the offspring down the line. Some dogs just don't click.

5. Sara

Sara New Member

I actually found a female. I like some on her ped. and her size and temp. Her parents are also doing well on the show circuit but I'm thinking to add a male and see what's what. I have a new email though I'll check my old but if you haven't emailed send it to bantam_sara@hotmail.com.

6. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I've been using the new one I think? I'll email you later and double check that I've been sending them to the new one. Don't forget her sisters are doing well too! :eek:

I was just wondering if you located any such blood, I know there is some out there, don't know how much/how tight though. One guy called me for Bella and I told him she was sold and he looked at the male cousin off her and I told him the bloodlines Rascal/Carver/Eli and he said he had a little Rascal stuff on his yard. I think he was in Tennessee, but was more into game/fighting stuff. So who knows.

I'm looking at getting some tighter Honeybunch/Rascal type stuff myself to take back to the J. Contreras strain. Maybe some tight Carver too, we'll see.

7. Sara

Sara New Member

HA see I knew I'd been in contact with you all along...LOL... That's why I've been looking around for you on here lately...LOL... NUTSO don't ya think?

8. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Yeah it is kinda weird! :shock:

9. Rice and Gravy

Rice and Gravy New Member

Strain vs. Bloodline.

What's the difference?

10. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

To me a strain is a specific breeders line, or from another dog foundation dog of a bloodline besides the original.

3 people can take the same bloodline and each strain they create will be a little different.

The Old Family Red Nose dogs are some of my favorite, but there are different strains, some that are horrible and some that are excellent. I use one strain from my friend, there are other strains like Lar San is a good one, Red Inferno is nice too, ect

Bloodlines come from other bloodlines and crossing and creating a new one, but when someone keeps it the same line they just create a slightly different strain.

I guess it all depends on how you look at it but thats my opinion.

J. Contreras strain is an Eli/Carver strain.
    Which is Rascal Jr (who is Rascal x Honeybunch) for the Eli. For Carver would be heavy bred j.Carver's Night Train ROM (he is a son of Eli Jr and his dam is a daughter of Bullyson who's a littermate to Eli Jr). CH Bocefuss who is a son of Carver's Stompanato ROM (who is 3/4 Eli and the other 1/4 being Carvers original stock) Bocefuss dam is Missy ROM (Carver's Pistol ROM x Carver's Miss Spike ROM) who again are from Carvers original stuff.
    Carvers dogs come from mostly Tudor blood except for the Eli stuff which Carver was crossing into his original stuff. However Eli himself was a Broudreaux dog and means that he too goes right back to Tudor blood. Eli was linebred off Blind Billy who is a son of Tudor's CH Dibo and Tudor's CH Minnie. Tudor used a lot of Corvino and Heinzl blood.
    Once you start to study pedigrees you will see that Carver and Eli both come from Tudor and that they bred their dogs together, you will also notice that Eli came from Boudreauxs dogs and later on (current Boudreaux stuff) now has Eli, Bullyson and such behind it.
    There is also a dog called GR CH Trahan's Rascal (different from Crenshaw's Rascal the 1 mentioned above) this dog is also seen a lot of Eli/Carver dogs pedigrees and just like Tudor's dogs is Corvino. Rascal is also Honeybunch's great grandma.

I have a male that is tight Honeybunch, as he is Jeep/Rascal. He is bred 12xs Werdo who is double bred Jeep and triple bred Honeybunch. Werdo is then bred to a Jeep/Rascal female. I think he is about 84 times Honeybunch if I counted correct last time.

11. Sara

Sara New Member

84 times!!!??? Nemo right???

Incidently, (those who don't know)...I'm a very big Honeybunch fan...Rascal Jr. specifically...a lot of people who like that particular bitch like Jeep, he is also a son of Honeybunch (like Rascal Jr.)...it's debated which dog she produced was better and most people do end up saying that Rascal Jr. was probably the better dog, but Jeep the more popular...You could probably consider those guys part of two different strains...pretty close together as far as breeding but depending on who's breeding program you're looking at you could see differences...

Sara

12. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I've never checked out Nemo's so I don't really know. I need to look at it now, you've got me thinking. He is just Rascal on top, with only a little Rascal Jr so probably not so much Honeybunch.

That would be Two Tones actually.

I think that from her breeding to Bo, Charlie would be the better of the 2. But there were so many good dogs from that litter. Rascal Jr was something different by taking her back to an Eli dog, and it worked really well too. There is also GR CH Pedro ROM from that. Overall good producer and the line still keeps going strong today.

13. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Ok so being the nerd I am I had to check it out. Nemo would be the same as Twister.

Which is what I counted 5xs Honeybunch and 13xs Rascal. I haven't counted up all the Eli but it would be quite a bit.

14. Sara

Sara New Member

Oh...LOL... I was associating Eli with Honebunch offspring rather than match for some reason... Nemo's probably Heavier Eli then Honeybunch right??? Sorry to cause more searching...LOL...you know it's fun though...

Sara

15. Sara

Sara New Member

BTW how big is Two Tones anyway?

Sara

16. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Nemo is over 50xs Eli. Rascal himself is 3xs Eli. Honeybunch is Eli's grand daughter through her sire Bullyson. The bottom is a daughter of Carver's CH Cracker and Trahan's Beauty T, which are both offspring of Carver's Black Widow. In turn Dibo dogs.

Two Tones weighted 38lbs last time I checked, which was a couple months ago. So he should be about the same weight now. Him and John have the same B-day, March 7th and I got his weight around then. Two Tones has a lot of Eli because of the Rascal Jr/Homer blood and combined with the honeybunch blood. Homer is 7xs Eli himself.

Ok enough before I go on all night...lol

17. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

There is one dog I also wanted to make note of and just didn't have a chance.

GR CH Cumming's Dutch Boy another tight Boudreaux Blind Billy dog. He gets over looked a lot but its really is some nice blood. He is double bred Boze. Dutch Boy and other Boudreaux/Eli are part of what makes up the Villines blood. As well I have a Homer/Alligator, Nigerino, Bullyson w/ some DutchBoy male, so you could say I really like it even if its not as prodominant. It still goes well into the other blood. His sire is a CH with some real nice linebreeding and was bred to his half sister to keep it together.
    :y_the_best: