1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Lost dog in the Flint, MI area

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Mary_NH, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

if you are in that area please keep your eyes/ears open for this lovely lady.
    She was fostered with my Molly and upon arriving at home her leash snapped and she went AWOL. Her new mommy is frantic as she is 4 hours away from anything familiar.
    Her name is Sadie (fostered with my Molly and has the name of my bridge dog - tears).
    you can let me know if you know anything and I'll pass it along to her foster mom.
    well let me know if you know anything about the dog.
    [​IMG]

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I am a half a country away, but just giving my prayers for her safe return. she is so beautiful, hopefully she is weairng id tags to help

honeybears

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I hope she is found soon. Unfortunately, we are going through the same thing here. My little foster, Missy, was adopted on Saturday. Sunday night when she was out pottying, some dogs scared her and she slipped her collar. Her owners tried to get her back, but she ran from them. He called first thing this morning to tell me. I was out looking with a friend over lunch and am going back out this afternoon with my other foster, who Missy really likes. There are many people out looking, all the shelters have been notified, she is listed on a local lost pet service, and many area vets have been called. Posters are up all over.

I am so worried we will never see her again or know what happened to her. She is so scared. :cry: :cry: :cry:

If we don't at least see her by tomorrow, I think I am going to try an animal communicator.

Sorry to hijack your thread. I am really upset over this.

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Oh jimiya, praying for you too. As much as people dont like the choke collars, this is why I use them, I have had both dogs dogs with their regular collars and with the leash on them and they have managed to get slip the collar off of them at some very dangerous situations

sending Huge wishes and prayers that Saide and Missy and found shortly [-o<

5. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

Sorry to hear of the lost dogs, hope they are found soon.

I agree with the choke chains though, I have always used them and when I tried the regular colars the dogs were able to slip them if they got excited over something.
    2 draw backs though is I lost a dog that got hung up on a choker in my yard using a cable run. And both Dowser and Pepsi have broken lightweight choke collars. So now I use heavy duty ones and never use a cable dog run.

6. dogangel

dogangel New Member

Mary, do I have your permission to cross-post?

7. mamabear_34

mamabear_34 New Member

Mary, I live and work in Flint MI. If I hear or see anything I will let you know!! My prayers and heart go out to her family! Let them know that I will do all that I can!! Here are the numbers to both local shelters...... if she needs me to do ANYTHING let me know asap!!

G-4351 West Pasadena Avenue

Flint, MI 48504

(810) 732-1660

Monday thru Friday 10:00-4:15

Saturday 10:00-2:00

and

HUMANE SOCIETY OF GENESEE CNTY 810-744-0511
    BURTON, MICHIGAN 48529

What part of Flint was she lost in?

8. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

permission to crosspost and she's in the Alvard St. area....sorry for the delay in answering but Molly was spayed yesterday and I was a wreck with worry

9. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

mama bear if you can show the picture of Sadie and get word out to people you work with/know that would help

10. mamabear_34

mamabear_34 New Member

My store (Comic Relief) is right in the same area and I have been showing all of my customers Sadie's pic. Maybe one of them will come up with something. If so I will get ahold of her owner and let her know!!

11. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

mama bear it's possible Sadie is at the shelter you posted. They are trying to call the director. Apparently they have a similar Shepherd listed on petfinder but when caled they said they don't post pictures of their dogs.
    Can't find the dog eithe r- so it's possible a staff member took the dog home for some foster care.
    The person who adopted Sadie will be at the shelter door when they open tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed it's her