1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Lots of new pics of the girls

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by goob, Aug 14, 2004.

1. goob

goob New Member

Nice rose ears
    [​IMG]

Annnnd gone :roll:
    [​IMG]

Shaking it up
    [​IMG]

Goo's smirk
    [​IMG]

Chasing the fake squirrel
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peeking at the "real deal" squirrels in the yard
    [​IMG]

And some of them out in the boat the other day....

Goo silhouetted against the sun
    [​IMG]

Pondering the merits of boating
    [​IMG]

A nice hood ornament
    [​IMG]

Her spot on the bow of the boat
    [​IMG]

"Duhhhh....."
    [​IMG]

Hale obsessing over a log (actually a part of a piling from an old pier), she almost fell overboard trying to keep track of it
    [​IMG]

Looking cute while stealing a spot on the seat
    [​IMG]

Checking out some seaweed
    [​IMG]

Trying to relax
    [​IMG]

She sits like this all the time on the couch, but it was too funny to see her sitting in the back of the boat like a person :lol:
    [​IMG]

Some dogs might be able to look noble while standing on a boat like this.... not Haley :roll: :lol:
    [​IMG]

2. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Well, Goob as usual your pictures are beautiful and IM left with a longing to steal Haley away from you! I swear I love that dog! Her personailty just shines through!

3. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

:love_y_t_much:

4. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Beautiful pics :eek:

5. Blueribbon

Blueribbon New Member

:y_the_best: I agree great looking pic's and pet's. I'm new here so forgive me for asking but what happened to Hales left front leg, was it an accident or was that adorable little angel born that way?

6. nern

nern New Member

Great pictures! :eek:

7. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Great pics!

8. goob

goob New Member

Thanks everybody :)

Gina, there are days when I'd be happy to give Haley to you :lol:

Blueribbon, Haley was found roaming in a not so good area by a lady who picked her up and brought her in to the vets where my mom works. She had an open break on her front leg, and some genius had taped it up with electrical tape. They had to turn her over to AC to see if her owner claimed her, but some techs fell in love with her sweet personality, and bailed her out when her time was up. By then, her leg was so badly infected, they had to take it off. She doesn't seem to miss it much, though she does occasionally have a crash when she forgets there is no leg there and tries to use it anyway :lol:

9. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Great pics, and beautiful dogs!

10. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Those are really great pictures!

I really think the one with Goo silhouetted by the sun with the sun on the water is absolutely beautiful.

11. Angie

Angie New Member

I would be glad to take Haley off of your hands! :D
    She is adorable and looks so sweet! She probably likes to give you lotsa kisses! lol
    I can't even pet Shianne without her going nutz!

Goob look like a sweetheart also. He looks very intelligent and noble! lol

12. Jody

Jody New Member

Excellent pics :eek: :eek: :eek:

13. honeybears

honeybears New Member

what great pics, looks like they ahve a ball at the lake.

Does Haley go swimming or is that too hard for her/ even though she has a vest on?

honeybear

14. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

As usual Goo shows her elegance!

15. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Wow! I have to say your dogs are very cute and secondly, I admire the fact that you have taken the initiative to make the life for a dog with a disability better by providing it with a good home and not sending it or leaving it in an animal shelter!

16. goob

goob New Member

Yep, it does give you a bit of humility though to have a dog who loves everyone she meets like they're her long lost best buddy. She'll happily trade us in for a complete stranger :lol:

Manly too I guess... Goo's a girl :wink:

Haley's actually afraid of the water, she'll go near it, but doesn't actually want to go in it. I think with more work, she'd probably come around, but there's no place within walking distance safe to walk in a big dog for swimming/wading. I was actually surprised at how willingly she jumped into the boat the first time, and she's completely at ease even when she looks over at the water. I really don't know if she can swim or not, so she's wearing the life jacket (which is actually Goo's, but Goo can swim well enough that it's not a real worry in water as shallow as what we were in), as I'm not going to be trying to keep myself and her afloat if we end up in the water :roll: . Most of my family thinks -joking mostly- she'd swim in circles :lol: but I tend more towards the rock theory. I do think the life jacket would keep her stable enough in the water that she'd stay afloat and could probably swim ok.

Nameless, we sort of got stuck with Haley, not that it was a bad thing :wink:

A friend of mine originally adopted her from the vet clinic after I'd mentioned she needed a home in passing. About 6 months after she came to live with her, Haley got diabetes, and though my friend kept up with her care well at first, she started to skimp on her schedule (important for diabetics that they get shots, food, etc at certain times so things can all work together properly), and Hale paid for it. She started getting underweight the summer before last, and we (my mother had been involved in her vet care since my friend had taken her, taking her in for appointments and helping to pay for her care since she had an employee discount) had all sorts of tests run, everything came back clear. Asked if her owner was keeping up with all her stuff, she said she was, though by then we were starting to wonder. Hale was up and down, still underweight, at times almost skeletal for most of the fall and winter of 2003, more tests, still not much turned up. Then in February of last year, her owner came down to our house and told my mother that something was wrong with Haley and she wouldn't get up. After more questions, she admitted she hadn't been feeding her and giving her her shots when she was supposed to. She brought her down so my mom could she if she could tell what was wrong, and Hale couldn't even stand, just curled into a little ball and shivered. We took her to the pet ER, where they told us that she was severaly emaciated, and would either live or not, there wasn't much they could do, aside from hospitalize and monitor her. We ended up taking her home, and had her for several months while her diabetes was gotten back under control, and her weight back up. Then we didn't want to give her back for the same thing to happen again, so we had her for a few more months figuring out what to do with her. It's hard enough to find a home for a pit bull, nevermind one who's already dog aggressive, has diabetes, and is missing a leg, so we eventually decided she was staying here.

Even after all she's been through, she's got a wonderful temperament, never met a stranger, and she's made more converts for the breed than I ever have in all my time trying to explain it to people.

17. Angie

Angie New Member

Awww, come on now! You know even though she loves everybody she would truley miss her best friends! :D

OMG! I feel extremely stupid now! lol
    I don't know why I didn't even bother to ask. I just assumed. BUT I guess thats what happens when assuming. I guess I never really gave it much thought lol SORRY!!! :oops:

18. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I still admire you keeping a dog with a disability, because I know a lot of people who would rather put it to sleep or send it to an animal shelter!