1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight!

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by Patty, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Patty

Patty New Member

I have a mare that I just purchased. When I put her in the field with my other horses she imediately became attached to my gelding. They are inseparable to the point the gelding will not stay in his stall anymore and eat his special food I have to give him. If the mare whinnies he starts rearing in his stall and will not eat. I have never dealt with this kind of problem before especially to this extent. Can anyone out here help??

2. OTTB lvr

OTTB lvr New Member

When you feed your gelding, are the other horses in or out? If they're in, how far from your mare is he? Also, what type of doors do you have? (as in, full doors, or can he hang is head out?)

3. Patty

Patty New Member

I have a split door. If I keep the top of the door closed he reared in the stall. It is getting better though. I fed him last night and this morning and there has been no problems. I keep both doors closed and he seems to be fine unless the mare whinnies then he gets a little ansy.

4. horse_child

horse_child New Member

have you tried putting your mare in the stall next to him? would that make him even worse?