1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Low cost or free spay/neuter clinics in the US

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by nern, Mar 23, 2004.

1. nern

nern New Member

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

This will be helpful to a lot of people who have money problems. It's so sad when people post that their fur animal is very ill, yet they say they can't afford a vet. I feel like leaving one of my credit card numbers at their vets office for them to use. Not that I have or will, but the thought has crossed my mind. Thanks for posting that Nern.

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

wonderful sticky post...hope you keep it here for awhile since kitten season is slowly creeping up

4. bellasmommy

bellasmommy New Member

great sticky :-k

5. nern

nern New Member

I found these when I was searching for a low cost clinic for my neighbors dog and I thought they might be helpful to others. If any of you know of any other links for low cost clinics feel free to add them. ;)

6. ticktop

ticktop New Member

Great information; hopefully more people will know, so that they can get their pet fixed and not have anymore excuses of not doing so. :idea:

7. pandagirl1

pandagirl1 New Member

What does sticky mean?

plz tell me!

8. kathy5

kathy5 New Member

wonderfull there Is a place about 30 minutes from my house In N.H. i will check It out when we get settled
    kathy

9. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

thank god this post is here....i have paid some very high costs for my 2 new babies...but my vet wants $600 for their 3rd set of shots and to neuter them..and i just cant afford that..

Thanks for the links..

10. bonxie

bonxie New Member

If You Are in Long Island

Island Rescue is a good place, the staff there are very friendly and helpful. I got my kitties fixed for $30 each but now they have increased to $50, still good deal for the excellent service rendered.

Here's their contact info:
    Island Rescue
    1500 N. Clinton Avenue, Bayshore, NY 11706 631-968-8700
    http://www.littleshelter.com/spay_neuter.htm

11. lil96

lil96 New Member

I just wanted to mention for anyone who lives in the Soutwestern Virginia (roanoke/blacksburg area) I get coupons in the val pak for discounted spays and neuters and other stuff. And the ANgels of Assisi Spay Shuttle comes through here occasionally, the floyd county Human Society is in charge of it (I think)

12. luna

luna New Member

thanks for the list the vet where we go just retired an they got a new person who makes you feel like you made your pet get sick, and the other vet doesen't do a very good job so we're trying to find a new vet.

13. punkazzneon

punkazzneon New Member

Although I don't know of other areas, I personally, in my own location, have gone to the animal shelter. I live in North Mississippi and the Animal shelter provides spade and neuter for both dogs and cats for a flat rate of $30. It's very affordable and the money goes to a good place -- they don't put down animals at this shelter.

14. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Dr. Mark Means at the Alpine Pet Clinic in Warrensburg, MO (off of DD highway on the eastern side of town) spays/neuters cats for right around $40 - $45 (I'll have to double check to get the exact cost). In all honesty, his place doesn't look the greatest and he doesn't have the most high tech, up to date, fancy equipment, and he doesn't seem like the friendliest person at first (he's actually really shy around people) but he is a very good vet who lives for taking care of animals (he's open 7 days a week and lives right behind the clinic so he's available for emergencies 24/7). I've talked to people who have driven 1 - 2 hours to take their pets to him.

-Chelle

15. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Great stuff nern..Thats excellent :eek: :y_the_best:

16. M.J.

M.J. New Member

Bleh... my server is not loading the links. :(

Do any of them have more info on the TNVR program?

I heard about it and was wasnting to do research. I have a lot of wild cats that need some fixing! :)