1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Lucky Foot (pics )

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by winnie, Oct 31, 2005.

1. winnie

winnie New Member

I wanted to show you guys his pictures. I aslo think he could be purebred but i cant figure out which one, i might just have to wait. But it doesnt matter anyways.

The lady said he was 4 weeks, do u think he looks 4 weeks? should i be giving him milk or something? Thanks so much!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

What a cutie! I love the torti color.

If he was bought at the pet store he's probably a netherland dwarf. They're usually the most common at pet stores.

Usually rabbits in pet stores are sold between 4-6 weeks. As long as he's eating fine I don't think it's necessary to give him any milk.

Just a word about the wire bottom. You might want to put some cardboard, a towel or carpet on top of the wire. Wire bottom cages are notorious for causing sore hocks.

3. winnie

winnie New Member

Thank you!I love the torite color too.

On one side of his cage i put a slab of wood and put a rug over it for him. I was wondering though should I leave out a lot of the alfaha hay for him to eat and nest in or just a small amount? Also are those water bottle things that attach to the cage ok for drinking water? I also put a washcloth in there if he wants to go under it or something, is that alright?Oh and he has a big cube of alfaha hay in there to chew on.

Thanks!

do rabbits do better with other rabbits? Do they get lonley?Or are they ok as an only rabbit as long as you play with them daily and give them exercise?

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Oh man, I can't get over how little he is. I wish Jack was that little when I found him!

Sounds like you're doing everything right.

For rabbits you can use either water bottles or bowls. Jack used to have a bowl but he likes to kick bedding into his bowl and at the time I was using carefresh which made the water very messy. Now he uses a bottle.

Rabbits should also have an unlimited amout of hay to munch on (although when I give it to Jack he just uses it as his litter box :roll: )

Rabbits are ok by themselves as long as they get enough daily stimulation.

Rabbits are social animals but there's no guarentee that they'll get along with other rabbits.

Unaltered rabbits are likely to fight (males will fight with male, females with females and pregnant females won't want any other rabbits around).

You're best bet is either 2 altered females or a male/female pairing (with atleast the female altered, there's a high risk of uterine cancer with unbred females). With females, they will bond if they're introduced young enough but you'll probably have to end up getting both altered.