1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Luna needs a home

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by nern, Jul 7, 2004.

1. nern

nern New Member

Luna was the pregnant cat I took from an abandoned apartment about 4 yrs ago along with her two young kittens (one of which is my Bean). My cousin adopted her and one of the kittens but has recently gone through a divorce and her husband ended up keeping the 2 cats. She called me tonight to inform me that her husband is getting rid of them. I don't know what his reasons are but I worried this day would come when I found out he was keeping them instead of her. He found a home for one but now needs a home for Luna. My cousin sounded upset on the phone but she can't have cats at her apartment.
    I soooo badly wanted to say I would take her but I know I can't. I feel so bad .... I know its not going to be easy to find her a new good home but I think I'd really be taking a chance if I took her because I'm pushing it as is by having more pets than my landlord is aware of. I really liked that cat and would have liked to keep her myself from the begining under other circumstances.I'm so sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why don't people see pets as a lifetime commitment ?!?! :x
    Sorry, just had to vent. :cry:

2. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Awww I'm so sorry.
    Why dont you just take the kitty until you can find it a home. It would only be temperary and your landlord wouldn't know. I also have a landlord who allows no pets and when we first moved in we had to coax him to let me have Pooky. Little does he know that over the years I've aquired a bunny and a kitty! Oh well!!

If I were you I would take the kitty in. If you decide you def can't keep him find him a home.

Good luck :y_the_best:

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Nern. I'm sorry about the kitty. That's so sad. I hope someone can find her a good home. Poor kitty. :(

4. nern

nern New Member

I wish it were that simple. Those were my exact intentions so many times already....that is how I ended up with several of the cats I have now. I've found it to be very difficult to find homes for cats around here. Even the shelters and rescues are overloaded this time of year.
    Thanks for your kind words and thoughts though.

5. nern

nern New Member

Thanks Chessmind. I hope so too.
    If it comes down to it I wonder if my cousin could make some kind of deal with her landlord considering the situation. We'll see what happens.

6. nern

nern New Member

Possibly good news....

I talked to a woman at work today and she is thinking about taking Luna. I just need to find out if she is up to date on shots, ect. and I'm gonna bring her some pictures tomorrow.
    This is the same woman who was going to adopt Bella & Chieve from me but then changed her mind at the last minute so I don't want to get too excited just yet.

7. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

thats great. hopefully it will work out

8. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

That would be wonderful if it all works out, Nern. Let us know what she decides.

9. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

thoughts are with you nern...just wanted to let you know that...

10. nern

nern New Member

Thanks. You guys are great. :wink:

Tonight I told my cousin that if a home can not be found I will take Luna. She told me not to worry that she would figure something out to ensure that Luna gets a good home.
    I guess the reason her ex is getting rid of them is because his new girl friend moved in with her 2 cats so they decided to get rid of 3 of the cats and just keep one of the girl friends cats.

I'll let you know what happens.

11. vene

vene New Member

It might be a good thing for the cats to find a forever home with people that will cherish and shower them with love and attention. Being shuffled around is extremely stressful on the poor little kitties.

12. fridaylove

fridaylove New Member

It makes me feel so sad when I hear about people who are so quick to give up their pets and such. Hopefully, Luna will find a new good home.

13. nern

nern New Member

Thanks. The woman at work is still "deciding" but I think its going to be a no. She is really concerned that Luna is not declawed even though I assured her that scratching up things has never been a problem in the 4yrs she's lived with my cousin. Oh well. My cousin has a friend that she thinks might be interested.

I will keep all of you posted.

14. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

I'm sorry to hear all of it. If the cat's only 4 years old, she has such a long life ahead of her! I hope that she can find a great, loving home. It's a shame that it's so hard to find homes for cats (especially adults).

Also, I guess people don't realize that a cat's claws aren't horrible shredding machines. I have a small tear in my chair my cats tend to scratch. But, it's not a big deal and they usually use their scratching posts.
    (Plus, I'll trade in my chair for my cats any day! If it was a choice between a shredded chair and unconditional love, stress relief, humor, companionship... well... I'm sure the choice is clear).

I hope everything works out. I'll keep the kitty in my thoughts....

15. nern

nern New Member

She is actually around 5 - 6yrs old. I think she was a year or 2 old when I got her. Still pretty young though. I agree with you about the claws! The woman at work told me that she's never heard of a cat that does'nt scratch everything up. I told her that I have 6 of them! I told her that I should take a picture of their scratching posts for her....by the looks of their posts its quite obvious that they prefer to scratch them to other things in my home.

Oh well, it does'nt matter because.....
    I found out today from my aunt that my cousin will be able to the Luna after all!! She must have worked something out with her landlord! :eek: :eek: :eek:

16. vene

vene New Member

Great news! :D

17. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

oh thank goodness nern.

and max...he is really good. doesnt even scratch his scratching post. he likes to knead the carpet sometimes. but....mostly he likes to tear paper up and put it in his water bowl.

i am a little concerned about one lamp in the family room though...he has a fascination with jumping up at it. i hope he doesnt do it...but i think one of these days... :shock:

18. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

That's great news! :eek:

19. nern

nern New Member

I was going to post a picture of Luna before but did'nt have one online. So here is a picture of her (you can only see her back end in this one) and her 6 babies and of her and Bean (also one of her babies):

[​IMG]

20. vene

vene New Member

I love the pics of Luna and her babies. I especialy love Bean. Milo used to look like Bean as a kitten too. I'll post pics later. :eek: