1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Maggie has something weird happening at her spay incision.

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by elizavixen, Jan 17, 2006.

1. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

After she got her stitches removed, she got sort of this red mark on her spay incision. It didn't look to bad. But this morning I looked at it and it was sort of like a small bubble, very dark red around the edges and dark, dark purple in the middle, like the size of a peanut. I touched it to see what it felt like and it felt just like a bubble. Then I looked at it five mins later to examine it more before I called the vet and I guess I burst the bubble b/c it was opened up and bleeding. Not a lot, just a little. I called the vet but she doesn't get in until 10am and I'm a little hesitant to call her back b/c I think she may say to bring her in which I dread b/c just this past month I have been out $1500 between her spay and her foot issues and I seriously don't have the money but I certainly don't want it to be anything serious. My gut says it is nothing to worry about but ?

Does anyone know what this sounds like? Should I just continue to watch it for a few days? She is acting better than fine, eating, drinking, running around like a moron on her broken foot, etc.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

It could have just been a blood blister abit like when we trap say a finger in a door it forms a blood filled lump. When she had her stitches removed she may have been nipped a little and thats what has caused this lump.

If this is what it is then it should go now that it is burst clean it out with a little warm water and see how it is in the next hour or 2 if the lump comes back again then call your vet again just say your enquiring tell her what it looks like and what happened to it and see what she says.

I personally do not think its anything to worry about as you say she is running around eating and drinking well.

Let us know how it goes
    P.S how is she doing with that foot

Mike