1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Maggie is having all sorts of trouble with her #@#! foot.

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by elizavixen, Jan 25, 2006.

1. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

I posted a few weeks ago that Maggie was limping and had a lump on her foot. Well..her toe was broken but the lump was something else - called calcinosis circumscripta. The vet said it was nothing serious but needed to be removed so she had surgery to remove it. She did pretty well until Sat when the bandage fell off, then she just started licking and licking so I bandaged it up with stuff I had, put her e-collar on and laid down. Got up on 30 mins to check on her and she had ripped off the bandage and a few stiches, had blood and ooze everywhere so I cleaned it up a little and rebandaged it and put a different e-collar on her and put her to bed in her room. Well, she ripped that one off during the night (the bandage and the e-collar) so Sunday I just left it alone praying I'd make it til Monday. I took her in Monday and they had to resedate her and restitch it and they put stapes in it this time and rebandaged it. I brought her home and at first she was OK but then she really acted like it was hurting. I gave her pain meds but she moaned/groaned all night and was really not wanting to walk on that foot at all. And she chewed the bandage a little. So...she's back at the vet. I told them she was in a lot more pain than usual and she needed her bandage redone(I think they may have bandaged it funny and that is why it is hurting - or it could be the stapes - I don't know). But I said to go ahead and board her there until her foot heals b/c I don't know what to do with her if she is going to chewon her foot even with the e-collar. I was so afraid last night she was going to rip the whole bandage off and the staples out I got NO sleep. So her bill is skyrocketing and this boarding isn't going to help but I think it is best for her and me. I need some rest; I've been baby sitting her hte past couple weeks which was OK, but this chewing on her foot thing - I can't deal with that. I figure she'll probably still chewon it at the vet but at least I won't have to see it and they can just fix it and fix it over again.

So, that is why I haven't been posting much, not that I ever really do anyways. I'm just hoping her foot will heal quickly and she doesn't get an infection or hurt herself anymore with pulling the stitches/staples out.

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I'm so sorry you and Maggie are having so much trouble! I hope she starts feeling better soon. :(

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

At least you did the right thing. I'd hate to see your bill, but I would have done the same.

Hope she gets better and you get some sleep!!

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Poor Maggie, i heop she is on a speedy recovery an dher stay at the vet will really help

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

How is Maggie doing?

6. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

I checked on her yesterday. She is doing good at the vets - not chewing on her foot. The vet said she walked her around and she is using her foot again so I think maybe she was just sore on Mon. And I think b/c she has so much else to look at/worry about at the vets that she doesn't think of chewing on her foot. lol. I'm going to check on her again Saturday. On Monday the vet is going to check her foot again and maybe her stitches/staples can come out. But the vet did say she'd work with me on the boarding cost - not quite sure what that means but its something!

7. honeybears

honeybears New Member

glad to hear Maggie is making progress and the vet willing ot work with you