1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Male or female? (With Pictures)!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by vinomer, Jun 7, 2006.

1. vinomer

vinomer New Member

IM NOT REALLY SURE WHICH IS MALE WHICH IS FEMALE, HERE ARE SOME PICTURES TO HELP OUT. I THINK I MIGHT HAVE ALL FEMALES BUT THATS MY GUESS. I KEEP THEM QUARENTINED BUT ONCE A WEEK I LET THEM OUT INTO MY ROOM AND THEY ALL GO ONTOP ON ONE CAGE.

[​IMG]

2. vinomer

vinomer New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/Smoothsonian/100_1265.jpg

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

From the looks you have 2 males 2 females,

Your dark green is male as he has a blue cere, The one above that is female as she has a tan coloured cere,
    The lighter greenone is female as she has a purple/pink cere and is not a young bird so this could not be mistaken for a young male, the sky blue one is male as you can see the blue cere.

Hope this helps you out some.

Here is a website for you to look at its very informative

www.birdshelpline.bravehost.com

Mike

4. vinomer

vinomer New Member

Yeah that helped a lot, i was having doubts if the dark green one was male or female since he's my favorite one and the other green one is his mate. On the other hand, the blue one and the light green/yellow one are a couple since they are inseperable. I've got different cages so each couple has their own. Like I said before, once a week i'll reunite them and keep an close eye out to make sure nothing happens. Thank again Charmed, always helpful.

5. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Yeah thats fine letting them all ou of the cages together for some play time together, Aslong as they dont start breeding with each other...

One any breeding starts from either pair it will b wise to keep them in there cages and only allowed out when the other pair is caged up.

Good lick with them and they are beautiful looking birds and look so happy....

Mike

6. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

I think the one on the far left is a female ,and the other two are males.I`m pretty sure .

7. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Which on on the far left u mean the very dark green one, That is definatley a male, The lighter green above is a female the one next to her is female and the other is a male....

Great colours and dont be fooled if you ever allow them to breed you wont just get those colours from the clutch, You can get all different colours, I got blues from 2 emerald green birds...

Mike

8. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

I didnt know she had 4 birds ,I only thought she had three . :oops: ](*,)