1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Males vs Females in the maltese breed?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by gallen, Nov 13, 2004.

1. gallen

gallen New Member

Hi, I'm thinking about getting a maltese puppy but am undecided between a male or female.

I do not intend to breed and will spay the puppy at the appropriate age. The puppy will be a family pet in a medium sized home with a well-fenced large front yard.

I would especially love to hear from maltese owners who have more than one maltese dog who are different sexes, so that would be a lot easier to compare the two sexes! Any suggestions much appreciated!

From what I've gathered from other resources;

- the male breed tends to mark their territory by peeing around the house. They also tend to be a lot more active and dominant during their hormonal adolescent months.

- on the upside, the male maltese dogs tend to have a more stable personality, less mood swings than the female. The male tend to be more outgoing and more vigorously affectionate.

- Females on the other hand tend to learn quicker than the male. Are less active and hyper, tend to be more passive.

- females are known to be clever and can be manipulative at getting it their own way. are prone to mood swings.

I'm not 100% sure on these points, but I guess it all depends from different breeders and most importantly how YOU train your puppy!

Thanks for reading - any input would be greatly appreciated!

Have a good day! :)

2. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Not sure on the Maltese in specific but that list sounds alot like just about every other breed. I think it depends on what you want. I prefer females because I dont like to be humped by a male dog, the whole thing kinda irks me and I have just always prefered females. Now not every male dog does this but some do. Just my opinion.

3. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

a male is more friendly than a female espically with kids. I have both raise them and my female don't like little kids. dewy is a little angel he loves everyone.