1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Maltese! my pups parents & a question?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by gwen13, Sep 30, 2004.

1. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

So as I've said here before..I'm getting a Maltese puppy! :eek:
    I let the last breeder keep my deposit because once she got my money she made me feel uncomfortable and wouldn't answer any more questions and I felt uneasy about it. So I've moved on!
    I've just fallen in love with the new little girl I want to get and spent a lot more time with the breeder so I feel comfortable. My only concern though is her eyes seem too wide set, but it's so hard to tell since she's only 3 weeks old. I think it's a dumb question so I really don't know how to ask. I'm not sure if this is the reason since her head is so little or if her eyes will be wide set as an adult too :?:
    These are her parents though and I was hoping maybe I could use the parents as a model. I just love her dad, sweetest little guy ever and he still has such a baby face! He looks like a puppy still at 4 years old.
    I know the baby faces aren't a requirement for the Maltese standard but who could resist :love_y_t_much:
    Here's her mom
    [​IMG]
    and her dad
    [​IMG]

:m23:

2. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

OMG ! How beautiful and you are right ...Who could resist ?

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Good lord the daddy does look puppyish, they are both dolls. i don't know much about eyes and malts sorry.

4. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Thanks! :mrgreen:
    Maybe in a few more weeks I'll be able to tell more what her face is going to look like as an adult. Almost all puppies look the same except for color when they're so so tiny. I'm really happy with the breeder though so I hope everything works out.

5. Tangible

Tangible New Member

Cute!! And that daddy looks exactly like a puppy!! ADORABLE!! :)

6. Jas

Jas New Member

Congrats on your new puppy Gwen. Maltese are just the cutest! Good for you about trusting your gut and finding a breeder you were more comfortable with. Do you have head on shots or are you able to see both parents head on? This will give you a good idea of what your pup should look like. Even better would be to see photos of the grandparents. I think something like eye set would only matter if you planned on showing or breeding your girl. I would just casually say to the breeder I notice her eyes seem a little far apart - is this just an age thing or do your lines tend to have this eye set? You're right though, 3 weeks old makes it a bit hard to tell. Good breeders like lots of questions so no question is dumb!!

Cutie parents!

7. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I don't anything about this either... but i did have to stop and tell ya that DADDY IS TOOOOOO STINKIN CUTE!!! :) hehe......

8. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Thanks Jas and Monster!
    I should be able to get some new pictures of her up this weekend =)
    I was able to see both of the parents so that was good, and they didn't look like their eyes were side set so I just think it's because the puppies are so little and their hair is still lying flat. I'll love her regardless though. The dad is just so tiny. The breeder is keeping the biggest sister of the 3 and hoping that she will get big enough to breed, she won't breed any females under 5 lbs. The mom is 5 lbs and the dad is 3-3.5, the little girl I'm getting is the smallest of the litter and shouldn't be more than 4 lbs max as an adult. Either way I'll love her of course.
    I'm so excited :eek:
    8-9 more weeks seems such a longgg time! I want what's best for the puppy of course, to stay with her mommy, it's just going to be so hard waiting. At 10 weeks she'll get blood panels done and screening tests to make sure she's free of any liver problems or other shunts common in really small puppies, and if all is well she can come home at 12 weeks.

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Thats great, sooooo how much are you getting her for?, whats her name going to be, are you driving to get her, flying, shipping, huh huh LOL

I have about 6 weeks or so to wait for my baby to reach 12 weeks and can fly. Isn't that about right Malit? She is my breeder. Time is flying by. I think about her everyday. My girls name will be Lillian bloom, as in Lilly is bloom. Lilly.

10. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

hehe Puttin, you little know it all! :y_the_best:
    She'll be $1800, shh, though it's not too bad for a Maltese, since my male chi was just 300 less. We'll be driving out there to bring her back ourselves. I can't wait! I'm completely stuck on names though! ](*,) At least I still have a while to decide....

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

For some reason the name Dahlila is ringing in my ear. Image the beautiful long flowing hair of Dahlila the beautiful. Dahlila and Gwenith . They go together like a an interesting fantasy movie. I have not researched malt prices but I know they can run high, If your comfortable with it then no worries. How old will she be before she can leave her mom? Mine wil stay for at least six weeks because I am shipping. Maybe your can leave a little sooner since you will pick her up.
    June

12. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

OOO i like that name Puttin

...and I thought i paid alot 4 Trixie. I paid 600.00 but all that matters is that you feel the breeder is the right one for you :p

13. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I think a little maltese would wear that name well.

14. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

holy toledo. that's a bunchhhhh of dollars!

15. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

It is, but a good healthy malt goes for high dollar.