1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

maltipoo tear staining under eyes

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by kel2005, Jul 25, 2005.

1. kel2005

kel2005 New Member

Does anyone have a sure fire way to get rid of tear staining under eyes on white dogs. I have a four month old maltipoo and I have tried a couple pet store items but they dont seem to work.

Thanks.

2. LucyLu

LucyLu New Member

Those pet store products are useless. The only thing that has worked for us is a product called Eye Envy. You can only buy it online. It doesn't get rid of it 100% but it definately lightens it.

3. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Breeders and show handlers often use this formula.

Mix equal amounts of 20 volumn hydrogen peroxide (the kind used in beauty salons) and milk of magnesia. Mix in enough corn starch to make a stiff paste. Apply to the stained areas and leave on over night. Wash the area thoroughly and apply conditioner.

If the stains are bad it may take several applications to completely remove them. You can apply daily, but it's better to wait a day or two between applicatcions, as the mixture will dry the coat out a great deal.

4. DogLover

DogLover New Member

In my opinion, wipe the dog's face and under the eyes everyday with a wet towel works good as well.

5. LucyLu

LucyLu New Member

I tried this for a while and it didn't do anything. We use Eye Envy occasionally and trim the hair often.

6. RunwayPrincess

RunwayPrincess New Member

I actually use a Tear Stain Remover and apply it on my pup twice a week. She no longer has tear stains and it seems to work great! Also, you might consider changing the type of food she eats if you haven't already.