1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

manicure

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by footsie, May 30, 2004.

1. footsie

footsie New Member

I took Footsie to PetSmart today to have his nails trimmed.

He did so well! He didn't bite or scratch the woman at all which shocked me! I think he was terrified to be in that room with about 10 barking dogs. They had to take apart his crate to get him out. :oops: But then he just cowered there while the woman cut his nails. Sad sight but anything to calm him down. They are so short! :eek: I'm so pleased. It will be weeks before he can start scratching furniture or climbing screens again! Thats the best $12 I've spent in a while.

2. blaklilac

blaklilac New Member

Awwwwww, cher bebe!!! I can't do anything fancy like that (taking them to Petsmart, etc.) That's cool that Footsie can handle such trips. Honestly, I didn't know you could trim a cat's nails. Interesting!

3. dolly

dolly New Member

Poor Footsie! I'm just picturing the little guy when they dismantled the crate. Hopefully he'll be less scared if you go back again. Was it just a manicure or a manicure and pedicure as well? Did they paint his nails when they were finished trimming them? :wink: It always amazes me how other people (like the vet) can get our cats to tolerate things when we can't.

4. footsie

footsie New Member

Yeah, trimming thier nails is something that a lot of people do themselves. You can buy special clippers or use the regular people ones. Theres a link that is posted here sometimes that gives good directions. I've done it a couple times, but Footsie hates it and he won't come near me if I have the clippers in my hand! I've spent the last week trying so hard to get them cut and the onlything that got cut was me!

This was a splurge to spend the money on him, but I figured that my time is worth it ($12 vs like 20 hours trying myslef), and the investment I've made in my furniture was too much to let it get destroyed.

5. nern

nern New Member

Thats great Footsie. I'm glad you are satisfied with his nail trim.

6. fleafly

fleafly New Member

Maybe next time you could take him early or late in the day when they don't have so many dogs in there. It might be less traumatic for him.

7. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

I find that the more I play with my kitty's paws when I'm NOT clipping him, the less anxious he is when I do. Like if he's sleeping, I reach over and push on the pads to get him to extend his claws...he usually pulls away but after awhile he didn't mind all that much. After incorperating that into play and just whenever...now when I clip his claws he puts up little or no fight.