1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Manx cats

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by SugarLovesPits, Oct 5, 2004.

1. SugarLovesPits

SugarLovesPits New Member

Just wondering if anyone outthere owns Manx, I havn't seen anyone talk about it I own 3 and they are amazing cats they tend to be tempermental and usually take to one person but they are extremely affectionate, not to mention adorable with there little tailless butts or stubs!! I am working on pics so i can show off my babies. I was just hoping someone might share my love for them! :D

2. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:eek: welcome!!!!! have you posted in the kitty forum, sugarlovespitts???

i had a friend once who had a manx. we love variety!!

pics!! pics!!! :m7: of the.... :m27: :qm2: :qm4: :m29: :m33: :m23:

3. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

can't wait to see the pictures!! *nudges lynn and whispers* vene late?... again?... *giggles*

4. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

in the spirit of eternal flame... :wink:

lynn...*sighs softly and slowly shakes her head* "yes...sad isnt it?? how vene is late again? *continues to shake her head muttering...tsk tsk tsk"

5. vene

vene New Member

:roll: Pics, me want pics. Where are they? :mrgreen:

6. SugarLovesPits

Hi guys thanks for the warm response! I have to get a picture cd made cuz i don't have a digital camera or web cam so i'm not sure how long before i do that! But I can't wait to show off my babies!! you can take my word for it for now they're gorgeous!! :D

7. vene

vene New Member

K. I believe you. :?

8. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

*grins and winks at lynn* nicely done. *nods then blinks looking at vene* Make way! here vene... glossy photos to hold u over.... *giggles*

i know Sugar is teasing u... but be gentle... ;)

9. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

hi we had a manx but we lost her a couple of moths ago from being hit by a car...she was a kitten when we took her in well she took herself in i should say in the winter when the windows were open she wouldlet herself in to get food and made herself at home and never left...we had her for 5 years cutest lil thing... i liked her lil nub for a tail i used to call her fluffy butt instead of her name spunky... her name fit her well very spunky and outgoing she taught my cat simba how to climb trees when he was baby and he woudl get stuck up there after following her up then she would get down and he would stay up there.... she was our lil trouble maker she was 4ever getting simba in trouble...she took to my mom more then anyone and tempermental is right on!!!lol... till the day some evil kids decided to have fun outta hitting her... she was a sweetie though manx cats sure have a personality like no other....i want to get another one for my mom but..... spunkys the one to the right the orange and white one...

[​IMG]

10. SugarLovesPits

Fmgurl if youdo get a manx be carefull get it from a reputable breeder or a manx rescue I actually know a great rescue and i can find out about one in your area if ya wan.t See the thing with manx they tend to have health problems if they don't come from exceptionally good breeding. Also not all tailless cats are manx and the ones that arn't (commonly reffered to as domestic tailless) often have many health issues there's alot you need to know so if you do decide to get one and need any help pm or im or email me!

11. vene

vene New Member

FMgurl43, I'm sorry about losing Spunky. She was such a character! I love seeing pics of your furbabies!

12. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

thankx... my mom says that she dosent want another cat that all her attention goes to her sassy sooo.... me personally would love to have another cat or two or three etc... but.... but thank you for the offer if i do decide to get a manx i will keep u in mind....

13. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:eek: :D :p

new manx cat at the rescue shelter this week!!!

huge cat!!! blondish, reddish....long hair.....no tail....very very loving :y_the_best:

14. SugarLovesPits

[​IMG]

Well finally got some pics this is Princess Priscilla May

[​IMG]

and her baby (and mine) Kyzmet Lynn

By the way Lynhaaz are you sure that cat is a manx? Like I said before just because it dosn't have a tail dosn't make it a manx and domestic tailess can have ALOT of problems! Also i'm sorry the pics came out so big i don't know how to fix that and I don't know why there's like all white at the bottom but atleast you get to see my babies! :D

15. vene

vene New Member

Cute kitties. Thank you for sharing! Umm, more please!

16. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

Aww, you're kitties are so adorable!

My aunt used to have a kitty with a bob-tail. I don't think Oliver (the kitty), was a Manx though. She looked like a Maine Coon... and I'm pretty sure she was but if I remember correctly there was something wrong with her tail so they had to amputate it, and she became a bob-tail. I don't remember, But I just love short-tailed kitties!! Post more pics!

17. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi sugarlp....

well...uh...not sure. has a tiny tail. how can you tell??

and your photos...they are really small on the post. are you scannning them??? or is it digital...do you have photoisland?? or photobucket??

18. SugarLovesPits

Lynn I got them put on a photo Cd and then put them on photobucket i'm gonna try to make em bigger but i don't know why under the pic ther's all white andi can't figure out how ta get rid of it when i posted them they were big then i came back and they were small so i don't know what's up also as far as the manx or not the only way you can really tell it's full manx is if it has papers but a true manx is very round if i get get these pics bigger you could see there head and whole body is totally rounded, they also have a double coat like a dog can have if you brush back the hair there's a shorter coarser coat underneath and they also tend to act more like little dogs than cats! Mine come when called, sit, lye down and play fetch!

19. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

this cat has more fur than ive ever seen. tons of it...but i will ask at rescue....hey!!!! heres the link...i will just go to the site...

www.azrescue.org

20. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

his picture isnt up yet sugarlp....as soon as its up...i will show you... :wink: