1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

marble molly (problems need help)

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by sarahthorp, Aug 30, 2006.

1. sarahthorp

sarahthorp New Member

i have two male marbled mollys and they are acting very werid they are not moveing around the tank much and they movind like they are shaking theirs heads do you know what is the problem?

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

hello sarahthorp welcome
    mollies are brackish fish this is one thing most people don't know i would get some aquarium salt and add 1 tbsp per 5 us gal

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

How big is the tank?
    What other fish are in there (if any) and how big are they all?
    What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?
    How long has the tank been set up?

-Chelle

4. sarahthorp

sarahthorp New Member

I HAVE TREE GUPPYS AND TWO ZEBRA DANIO ASWELL AS THE TWO MARBLE MOLLYS, THE TANK HOLDS 54L AND I ONLY SET THE TANK UP ON MONDAY. I DID PHONE SEAPETS AND ASKED THEM THEY SAID IT COULD BE THE WATER OR WHITE SPOT. AND TO KEEP AN EYE ON THEM OF A WHILE. THE THING IS IT IS HARD TH SEE IF THEY HAVE WHITE SPOT BECAUSE THE ARE MARBLE.
    WOULD IT BE HARMFUL TO PUT SALT IN THE WATER BECAUSE OF THE OTHER FISH. I STILL DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT TO DO?

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

It sounds like your tank isn't cycled and the fish are suffering from ammonia and/or nitrIte poisoning. You really need to get test kits for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte and post the results. In the mean time, I'd start doing daily 20% water changes.

-Chelle

6. sarahthorp

sarahthorp New Member

HELLO JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT ONE OF THE MOLLIES HAD DIED YESTERDAY WHEN I HAD GOT UP. I GOT AN AIR STONE AS EXTRA YESTERDAY AND THE OTHER MOLLIE HAS GOT BETTER AND IS LOOKING GOOD HE IS SWIMING AROUND THE TANK FINE. I THINK THAT THE NEXT THING WILL BE THAT MY GUPPIES ARE STARTING TO MATE, THE MALE BLUE KEEPS GOING VERY CLOSE AND MOVING HIS GONOPODIUM TOWARDS THE TWO FEMALE YELLOW GUPPIES. DO YOU KNOW MUCH ABOUT HOW YOU KNOW WHEN THEY ARE PREGENT AND HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR THE FEMALE TO GIVE BIRTH TO HER LIVE BABIES. I HAVE BROUGHT A BREEDING TRAP JUST INCASE AND SOME BABIE FISH FOOD.
    NEXT TIME I GO TO THE SHOP I WILL BUY THE TESTING KIT FOR THE WATER. IT IS NICE TO FIND SOMEONE TO CHAT TO ABOUT THE FISH, IT WOULD BE NICE TO KEEP IN CONTACT. SARAH.

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

It's been quite a while since I've kept guppies, but I believe the gestation period is something like 4 or 5 weeks.

-Chelle