1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Marine Tank Help!!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by RTBShark(II), Apr 23, 2004.

1. RTBShark(II)

RTBShark(II) New Member

I have a 2nd hand marine tank, its been going for about a month now and ammonia reads 0, nitrite reads 0 and nitrate is about 25ppm. Should i perform a water change before i add my next desired fish (a bicolor blenny)? the tank already contains 3 green chromis added 2 weeks ago when reading were as they were now (with the nitrate slightly lower). Future fish incld 1 maroon clown and 1 scissortail goby.

PS i posted a post about this on the old message board but i cud not get it onto this forum!

THANKS!!!

2. fishy_chick

fishy_chick New Member

No, you shouldn't need to do a water change before bringing in your new fish. If you do add new water, your nitrate, nirtite, and ammonia levels could change and you'll have to wait even longer before adding another fish. You should be fine.