1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Maroon clown with disease...help please

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Oct 5, 2005.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

I was hoping maybe somebody could help me out, well i recently started a new 30 gal. saltwater and i have a maroon clown, she is about a year old. Though i believe she has some form of a disease, im not familiar with salt water diseases so i was hoping somebody could help. Its like a form of ick, but the disease is more grouped then it would be in ich. The disease is mainly found around her head on her first white stripe, its got a orange sort of an appearance. All my levels are perfect i jsut checked them.
    Thanks for all help!
    Laur

2. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

It sounds like probably Oodinium. If there are invertabrates in the tank you will need to be careful on what you use to treat it. Invertabrates can not tolerate copper treatments.

3. Fishfirst

Fishfirst New Member

quarentine and use either malcholite green (sp?) or copper medication to rid him of marine velvet.