1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

mary i need your help pleaseeeee

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Rene, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

There has been a beautiful simese (sp) cat running around kinda hanging out at my house but he (i think) would never come to me he always ran away i have seen him for around for about a week i kept putting food on my front pourch hope it was him that ate it. Well last night i walked out and said hi baby and he came running up to me what a sweet heart he is and man is he a talker lol he had alot to say he was even talking to me while he was eating. I now have him in my garage i feel so bad leaving him out there i feel mean but my kids and i go talk to him and pet him all the time i have 4 cats already and 2 dogs so i dont want to let him in cuz i dont know if he will like my dogs. I also think he has no claws in the front paws (poor baby) and i think he is "fixed" hard for me to tell. So my kids and i are going to put found signs everywhere and i'm going to call the vet tommorrow (today is sunday) and ask them to spread the word. but what if his owner doesnt claim him then what the heck do i do my kids think i'm crazy cuz i said well i guess we will just have another cat but geez that will make 5 i dont know what else to do with this beautiful baby. he is so cute and like i said such a talker it's adorable but i also feel really mean keeping him in the garage. what do you think i should do????

thanks

2. Rene

Rene New Member

I lied he does have claws i just couldnt feel them i was just out petting him and he was "kneeding" on the sleeping bag that he is useing for his bed and i saw his claws

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

the link is to the various siamese Rescues...there is one in northern california and also another in southern california. Contact info should be there somewhere - if not email me at knitting_fool43@yahoo.com and I'll find out who you contact.
    You will have to contact them and they'll want to evaluate the cat.
    Sealpoint? Bluepoint? etc., male/female - can you tell if spayed or neutered. These things you should try to find out prior to calling them.
    And body condition/weight.
    http://www.siameserescue.org/
    let me know how it goes

4. Rene

Rene New Member

thanks mary i didn't really want to check cuz i didnt want to "get attached" but he is such a doll i beleive he is a boy i dont beleive he is a full simese or not he looks seal point to me and he really needs a bath he has been under cars and stuff he is so stinkin cute i think i'm getting attached already. i have spent half the day in the garage with him i will take a pic and post it he is so cute i really want to bring him in but i dont know how he will like my yorkies sniffing him my cat fonzi was already hanging out with him on the front pourch it was cute so i know he like my kittys just dont know about the dogs.

5. Rene

Rene New Member

here are a couple of pics of him darn kitty stole my heart already.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i forgot to say i think he is alot on the thin side i can feel his backbone but he has been eating like a horse. We have signs up so we will see if someone claims him if not i think i have a new baby he is such a doll if i get to keep him his name will be Sam :D

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I'm guessing here....due to his condition and all...but he doesn't look like he's young. And I can tell you, having fostered a few geezers....there is nothing that'll steal your heart quicker than a geezer meezer. :y_the_best: for some reason they want lov'in and they return it with all their heart.
    When you bring him inside (and I'm assuming you will) be sure to keep him isolated from your cats for up to 2 weeks.....at least until he's had some bloodwork to test him for the nasties.
    I'm assuming those are gray hairs on his face and not a fever coat....siamese do get URIs easily from stress.
    He is adorable absolutely.
    Check out his teeth thoroughly too - bad teeth seems to be another meezer thing, not uncommon at all for geezers.
    Keep us posted please....I think you'll find yourself to quickly become a "meezer" person.

7. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I stand corrected - I posted his pix on Siamese Internet Cat Club (where you'll just have to go when you decide Sam is yours) and the consensus (without checking his teeth first....good age determinator) is he's pretty young. Most people there (many have had siamese cats in their lives forever) think he might just appear older due to lack of good nutrition for awhile. His coat (other than his points) is light indicating young age. siamese coats tend to darken with age.
    Check out his teeth and see what kind of shape they are in...that'll help you determine his age better.
    Everyone over there is telling me to be sure and keep them posted as to what you are going to do.

8. Rene

Rene New Member

lol i have not checked out his teeth but to me he seems like a young kitty like a teenage kitty like butters and fonzi they will be 1 next month i didnt bring him in but the wind blew the garage door open and oscar whiskers and fonzi were in there with him they seem to get along fine then Jasmine my yorkie ran in there and he hissed at her but she kept sniffn and he didnt seem to mind. i guess i will take him to the vet tommorrow and make sure he has no nasties and he is more then likely under weight so we will have that checked also darn i'm in the wrong business i needed to be a vet i have spent already this month around 600 there lol i thought i was done for awhile but if no one claims sam then i will have to take care of him. Its funny cuz i have been talking to him for about a week but he runs away. my daughter has a crashed car out front that has a cover on it i went to go to work and the cover had blown off so i went to put it back on and he was sleeping in the back window i talk to him but he looked scared and like he was going to run so i left the cover off i have had some landscaping done here over the last week and he loves to sleep in my new flower bed i always talk to him but he always ran till last night he just ran right to me he is so cute i just love kitty's as you can tell since i think i have 5 now lol

my mom had a seal point named cecila when i was growing up she only like my mom and me hated everyone else in our house lol.

9. ChloesMom

ChloesMom New Member

Mary is right, Siamese will steal the heart right out of your chest. They are more like dogs than cats. This afternoon I was working on a crossword puzzle on the couch. Chloe didn't think she was getting enough attention and tried to take the pen right out of my hand.

Good luck finding the owner. Maybe, just maybe he has a microchip.

10. vene

vene New Member

Sam is a cutie! I hope everything works out.

11. Rene

Rene New Member

well i looked at his teeth not really sure what i'm looking for but to compare them to my other kittys they look in between butters and fonzi (brothers and almost 1) and oscar who is 5-6 i think they look more like butters and fonzi and sam didnt really like me looking in his mouth and he really had something to say about it lol i really cant' beleive how much of a talker he is it's so freaking cute. and unforuntilly he is NOT fixed (darn right when i thought ALL my pets were fixed lol). i forgot that i'm looking for his owner :oops: so i guess i will have to wait awhile before i get him fixed and stuff would hate to spend the money then someone come take him.

ChloesMom i looked at you avator and thought awww she thought he was so cute she put his pic there lol then i looked again and see just a little difference lol. your kitty is beautiful also.

12. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

He is a very pretty kitty. Keep up posted on what you decide to do. Good luck. :qm4:

13. ChloesMom

ChloesMom New Member

Thanks Rene. She looks a lot healthier than she did when I first got her.

On the age, I think the teeth may be the best way. At the shelter they told me she was 3. She was very rundown as she had just had a litter. My vet, who only treats cats and specializes in them said she is very young, possibly not even a year. She was going by her teeth. Her coat is fairly dark though, much darker than Sam so who knows. She plays like a kitten.

Hopefully you will get to keep Sam. If you advertize I think I would just say found cat, call to identify and not mention him being Siamese. That way you will know for sure the rightful owner responded.

14. Rene

Rene New Member

oh yea the signs say found kitty approx. 1-2 years old and my street name and my phone but no calls yet. I'm sure he belonged to some one wonder if they are even looking. i have new neighbors that moved in about maybe less then a month ago i was going to ask them if they lost a kitty but they have not been home.

15. Rene

Rene New Member

thanks for the link mary i cant pm but i will check it out.

I have a question if i all my pets are UTD on everything can sam still give them something?? they got their frontline in the begining of the month and all have all shots and everything??? i had him in the bathroom then i felt worse cause he is a MAJOR talker lol