1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Meet Flo - AKA Lil' Annie

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok. So this is Flo. I went to see her about 2:30pm today and she was VERY shy. But once she saw me, she wagged her tail and let out a low whine!!! I went in her kennel and kneeled down to pet her and she knocked me on my butt and stood over my lap just to be petted.

She's got some serious emotional problems and needs a nice quiet home where she can have lots of love and attention....She really prefers women and older quiet children.

With out further ado: Here's the Pretty Flo!!!
    When I first got there and she realized it was me, she got up out of her "ball" state:
    [​IMG]
    This is her in my lap!
    [​IMG]
    When I walked out of the kennel

[​IMG]
    And her whining for me to come back in...

[​IMG]

The lady in the back ground was astonished that she showed me attention and emotion!!! She even teared up....

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I think she has picked you, Sams.....

It must just kill you to walk out of there. I cry just looking at the cats at PetCo.

3. Samsintentions

I did cry. I had to drive around the block a few times to dry my eyes and re powder my face before going back to the office......

I don't know what to do. I have no experiance with hounds. I'm hoping to hear from Houston Beagle and Hound rescue.....But I've already started filling out the paperwork....

They are going to take her to the vet to be spayed and rabies shot (a requirement that they have it done) and then Friday she comes home with me..... Thats if I haven't heard back from the Hound rescue...

Ugh...why do they always attach and come to me????

4. nern

nern New Member

You've got the magic touch Sams!
    She is a pretty girl....hounds are my favorite.

5. Samsintentions

want one!?!? :wink:

6. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

She's a CUTIE :D

7. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

:D What a pretty girl!

8. lil96

lil96 New Member

I think she is absolutely adorable! I hope when I get back, we can rent a place where I can keep extra fosters and such, because I know it is too difficult for me to actually get another dog and keep it going back and forth and all.

9. Sara

Sara New Member

The Hound breeder I know in Colorado would fall in love in seconds... I do hope she has room...PLEASE keep tabs on Flo for me so I can get her Sandy in touch with her...a Single woman with time and love to spare... I met her at the last dog show we attended and she had her beagle with her... She carried the dang thing around sleeping...talk about spoiled... She's good at it no doubt and has a way with hounds so let's cross our fingers... If she is able to take her...Sam will you hold on to flo for us to get her out here??? She's got refrences galore with a vet and breeder that I know of that will vouch for her...

10. Samsintentions

Sure!! That would be wonderful.... My father wants her. He has a black and tan and a pitt mix. I thought about taking her up there where his wife is home all day, and he has 3 little girls, (my three half sisters) ages 8-10-13. And they LOVE animals. hes got 65 acres and theres a beagle and red bone coon hound breeder right next door. They take Fred Dads blk and tan and some of his dogs hog hunting all the time. But if there's someone that is willing to come and get her that knows hounds.... I'll consider that too.

Get ahold of her. And see if we can't work something out!
    I'm going to fill out all her paper work and she's off to the vet this afternoon to be spayed and rabies vaccinated.

Then she'll have all day Thursday to chill out, and I'm picking her up Friday afternoon at the shelter.

11. Sara

Sara New Member

You have TWO GREAT options if I don't hear from her by tommorrow morning you shoudl send her up to your dad's place though.

12. Samsintentions

I got a word back from Houston Beagle and Hound rescue. their just too full. I've got a trainer/foster mom coming to look at her this afternoon. She said that hounds can turn this way, but it takes a LONG time of neglect. Hounds are supposed to be very people oriented, and hunt/prey driven. But if mistreated, they loose their trust very fast.

This morning she wanted to run up too me sooo bad. You could just see it in her eyes, but there's that small bit of instinct somewhere in her head holding her back. She eventually gave in and came walking up to me. Her whole body was just shaking from excitement, and that tail was going 90 mph! She let out a whimper and kinda jumped up a bit, but wouldn't run to me.....But boy did she want too!!!

I'm going to wal-mart to get her some chew bones, and treats. Hopefully she'll like those and see that we bring her good stuff!
    I got her a bed, and the shelter called me on my cell as I was driving out the driveway, and told me she walked right up to it and plopped down like its been hers for years!!!

13. honeybears

honeybears New Member

awwww, probably her first comfy bed, and what pretty pics.

Wylie was a stray and it took her a good year or just to feel omfortable with us and another year t really settle in, so sometimes is does just take a lot of time.

honeybear

14. Sara

Sara New Member

She sounds like a doll!!!! And looks oh so cute... What a dilemma for you eh??? I'd for sure want to keep her...LOL... But hounds are tough to deal with either way with or without issues... What a sweety though... More pics...LOL

15. Samsintentions

OH I'll be positing plenty of photos!! I got her a muscle chew, cow hoof, and beggin strips...along with a nyla bone, and a new harness and leash. So She's going to be seriously pampered....LOL!!!

16. awww... if i were you i'd take her! lol, i remember when there was a coon hound at my shelter, and i think it was a female and her name was Dakota, and when she howled you could feel the floor viberate, i love her, and she also was scared of me at first but warmed up (i always chew gum there, so in case theres a dog there thats new and i dunno what its gonna do so i chew gum and they come right up to me lol) anyways she was sooo cute, but had this scared/ stay away from me look, but whenever i go there and she was there, she came right up to the cage! shes gone now, i go to the shelter like every other saturday! so im there alot! lol