1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Memories of dogs before vets and the petfood industry...

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Jamiya, May 31, 2006.

1. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

2. lil96

lil96 New Member

yea, I think that is so true!

3. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

Now that's what I'm talkin about.

There is more truth on that page than I have read all year about dogs and processed dog foods from so many so called "Pet Food Industry" sites.

I am only in my 40's but....
    Remembering back to my childhood all my dogs chased me on my bike down the street and over to my buddies house where my dog and his dog would get together and play as we hiked through the hills or went down to the lake to fish or swim. Almost never had a dog fight and there was one Vet in the whole valley at the time.
    Our dogs lived to be 16 to 18 years old with one time Vaccinations and then it bacame manditory to vacc rabies every few years. Everyone knew whose dog that was and would call the Vet Dr. Stevans to find out where to call or drop off a found dog.

Parvo was unheard of, kennal cough went away by it's self. No fleas here and ticks we just pulled out ourselves.
    Sturdy was the dry food of choice and the rest was table scrap, raw chicken and rice with some partially cooked hamburger in it.

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

great insight

5. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Killing our pets with kindness.

It's a" millions of dollars industry", now.

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Isn't it sad? I hate to think what the world will be like when my kids are grown up. :(