1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Millie Bush Bark Park Featured in National Magazine

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Our Bark Park is featured as the lead off in an article just published in the National Recreation and Park Association's July magazine. The printed version featured four photo's but you can read the text on-line at:
    http://www.nrpa.org/content/default.asp ... entId=1354

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

cool, I didnt know houston was such a big city.

honeybear

3. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Honeybear,
    Harris County is the third most populated County in the US behind Los Angeles County, CA, and Cook County, Illinois. I wish I had dog population figures. Would be interesting.

4. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Congratulations, Dukesdad!! :)

How is the new one you are designing coming along?

5. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

MonsterBailey,
    Just waiting on word from the Precinct to move forward. I also have another great site to work on. An animal rehab center relocated out of one of our parks leaving a 100 car parking lot in place in a remote area of the park. The best use will be to develop a dog park. Already have water to the site so all I need is fencing.
    I'll keep everyone posted as we go.

6. dbuzzw

dbuzzw New Member

which park?

Hi Dukes Dad,

I live in Houston also and hit the "small dog" section of the park with my 2 little ones. They love it! Unfortunately, I'm about 30 minutes away from Millie Bush. Where is the new park that you're working on? I read something about future plans for Bear Creek Park and Telge Park (which I didn't even know existed) and I'm very excited about that! I'm hoping those plans aren't too far down the road.

Diane

7. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

dbuzzw,
    Besides Telge Rd. Park and the one to be constructed on the Bear Creek Park expansion acreage, I have submitted a plan for a 3 acre park at Elizabeth K. Meyer Park on Cypresswood near Stubner Airline and one a Burroughs Park just east of Tomball. I think the City of Houston Parks department is finally moving to develop dog parks also.
    What area do you live in? I can check to see if there are any plans for your area.
    Here is my work email if you want more information
    jdebessonet@eng.hctx.net

8. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

<<<<<<<<<-------moving to Houston!!!