1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Moe has a new bed

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by halaroo, Oct 12, 2004.

1. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Well sort of... We had a styrofoam flat from the grocery store sitting on our floor for a couple of weeks. I haven't had the heart to throw it out since Moe is always sleeping on it. It just looked really ugly sitting on my pretty floor! This morning I decided to cover it. I took a navy blue towel (I have blue accents in the room) and glue gunned it to the flat. I figured she'd want nothing to do with it when I finished. Well, she loooves it! As soon as I put it back in it's "spot" she rolled around in it and then went to sleep! :eek: Certainly surprised me! I took some pictures, but I can't post them until I get to work tomorrow.

BTW - Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!

2. vene

vene New Member

I can picture her- so cute!

3. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I'm glad that work out for you. Sounds like Moe is a happy kitty. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. :p

4. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hey!!! too bad you didnt have the bed a couple weeks ago....that is moes "new friend!!"

lols....

5. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Arwww...sounds like Moe gave it her scent of approval!

6. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

ooo gimme my moe fix!

by the way ive always wondered, how do you pronounce her name? is it mo or mo-ee? ive always thought it was mo

7. halaroo

halaroo New Member

It's Mo, like no!

I'll post those pictures as soon as my husband gets his butt into work!

8. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Halaroo. :D Moe is so cute. I was reading in another post that you mentioned that Moe only weighs 6 pounds! Are you sure? She must be one tiny cat to only weigh this much. In her pics she looks like she weighs at least 10-12 pounds.

9. halaroo

halaroo New Member

At her heaviest she was 7 and half pounds. She is a very tiny cat. When we have people over they always ask if she's a kitten. She seriously weighs nothing! Usually I don't even feel her sleeping on me until I roll over!

10. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Wow! She must be as tiny as Juliet! So, she probably has the frame of a 6 month old kitten, as she weighs as much as my Juliet. It's funny, because in the pics she looks like a full grown cat. I suppose if you had a pic of her next to a regular size cat we could clearly see that she's just a petite little lady. She sure is a cute cat. :wink:

11. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Here are the pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. halaroo

halaroo New Member

She does look like a full grown cat - just a miniature version of one. She definitely doesn't have a kitten face or body. I think her growth must have been stunted from her days starving on the streets.

13. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

You're going to make Kyles101's day with those super cute pics of Moe! She's just so darn cute! :mrgreen:

14. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Just weighed her at lunch today - she is 6 pounds!

15. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

wow!!! shes so tiny!!! but i like little cats...otis was 8 lbs when he died. 9 lbs most of his life. not that big.

moe looks beautiful on her bed!!! the dark blue accentuates her markings...and it matches the decor too!!!! :eek:

she is so photogenic halaroo...just so pretty...

16. vene

vene New Member

Moe looks so happy and sweet on that cute bed. What do you use to weigh her with?

17. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Just my bathroom scale. I weigh myself and then weigh myself holding her. It's digital and quite accurate. She just won't stand still on it long enough for it to get her weight. Her last weight measurement from the vet was 2.8 kilos, which is ~6.3 pounds.

18. vene

vene New Member

Does Moe's weight fluctuate or is it because she won't hold still to get weighed? I was thinking of getting a cat scale which might be more accurate than my bathroom scale.

19. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Her weight stays about the same. She fattens up a little in the winter, but probably less than a 3/4 of a pound. She's pretty lean almost all the time. I just like to weigh her since she's usually in the bathroom with me anyway.

20. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

Have either of you ever seen those old fashioned scales? We use them in my Biotechnology class all the time, just because the teacher wants to make things hard. :mrgreen:

Here's a pic incase you don't know what they look like:

[​IMG]

When I was reading your post all I could think of was putting my kittens in a basket and weighing them on one of those :lol:

Hehe... just thought I'd share my visual :D