1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Molly 911

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by ceveretts, May 16, 2004.

1. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

I have a pair of dalmation molly's. The female has had fry several times and I usually miss it because her but dosen't get see through like the pregnant guppies I have had it the past. She was pretty big the last couple of days so I figured I would soon see some fry. Today when I was feeding them I noticed that she is a little less active than usual so I take a closer look and there is something wrong!!! She looks like she was squeezed in the middle of her body and her but has a blister looking thing on it that is see through and I think that the babies are still inside because throught the blister it looks dark. Her but is more square than usual and I think I can see a blood vessel or something there. The other thing is that she is not straight or paralell her tail is pointing up. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. Thank- You! :cry: I am editing this because I now see a round (deformed looking) baby and it is stuck in the blister like thing. It is only half out and also it is on the left side!!! Not coming out from the middle like they usually do!!! PLEASE HELP! What do I do to help her??? :cry: Holy Crap!! I'm editing again because in the last minute the baby went back inside her I saw it happen!!!! It looked fairly large too Do fish ever need c sections? It is so sad I can tell she is in pain!!! Please help us.

2. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Please anyone help I edited the above message twice please read it weird things are happening :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

call a vet asap!! ask them i know of oneway where u squeeze her and they pop out (the babys) but most of the tume they nvr survive :'(

4. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Thank you One Wolfs dream it dosen't look good does it :cry: but I want to do whatever I can to try. I just don't understand why this is happening to her because since I have had her she has had at least a dozen batches of fry with little/no difficulty :? Thanks for helping me because I am going nuts here worrying!

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

Sorry to hear your molly's having problems :( I've never, ever heard of anything like this so I really suggest you call a vet and ask if they have any suggestions over the phone. If you wait for people to reply here it might be too late. :(

6. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Thanks Tina1. I am so stressed out that it took me three tries to register, but I have now and so far no replies but 4 people have veiwed it. :cry:

7. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

I am talking to someone on the site you you recommended. She says it's probably the egg sac and to hold tight. She said to turn the lights off and asked if she was in a breeder trap (I had already taken her out). Keep your fingers crossed for us. :|

8. tina1

tina1 New Member

Glad to hear you're getting some knowledgeable advice :) Good group over there. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your fishie!

9. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Tina if you or anyone else saw that comment I hope you know who it was directed at. P.S. my fish is dead.