1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Morning after pill ??? Dog in heat....

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Chorcai, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Chorcai

Chorcai New Member

Hello I need some advise, my dog a wee pom x ? = a fox looking poch ! Ran off on me last night when she was left out for her pee, and yes she was in heat (had her booked in this week to get a job done on her), so its 130am frezzzzzeeennn cold and no way would she come back to me she met up with another dog and after an hour of calling and calling I gave up. Along with the fact I didnt want to feak out my neigbours by going in to their back yards.

So I know for a fact she has now been ridden side ways by every dog in the estate. My question is there a for lack of better words a "Morning After Pill" ???

When she gets back she is soooo grounded + no treats for a month that will teach her for been a hussie!!!

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

There is an injection you can get but most vets in your area will not give it because some dogs get side affects, What they will do is say spay her now.

I do not agree with spaying an inheat bitch as it can cause a mass of problems and worse case scenario death because of the bleeding already going on her body she could heamorragh (sp).

Tell your vet you are not having her spayed until 12weeks after her cycle has ended but you want to terminate a pregnancy that may have started and that you will sign a declaration stating if any side effects do hapen you can not sue them.

When owning an intact bitch that is in heat she should never be off her leash and the furthest you should allow her is a backyard on a leash and you there with her.

Please do not take this as having a pop at you as i am not just saying.

If one vet will not give the injection call another until you find one that will.
    If none will then its either take a risk and see if she is in whelp and allow her to carry which really is not much of an option or go ahead and have her spayed now.

Sorry i was not of much more help.

Mike