1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My 1st puppy

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by ChronicBlue, May 17, 2004.

1. ChronicBlue

ChronicBlue New Member

Hi,
    Last night I adopted my 1st puppy. He is an 8 week old Neopolitan Mastiff / Wolf. Hes a pretty big guy, already 22 inches long, and 16 high.
    His face is really neat. He has one sky blue eye and one dark brown. I could go on about him forevere, but i'll contain my self for the time being.

anyways I was wondering what tips/advice you all might have for making my puppys transition into my home all the smother. should i be taking him out every 4 hrs or so to help house break him? or should i not disturb him that much the 1st while?

tks much in advance for any advice given.

peace for now.

2. heaven

heaven New Member

every 4 hours is a long time to have him wait so young........we adopted ours at 8 weeks and took her out almost every hour to a certain spot in the backyard...we always went out the same door and after 2 weeks she knew to go to that door when she felt like she had to go

3. nern

nern New Member

I agree with the other poster. I would take him out at least every hour and I would start doing this right away. Use a phrase before taking him out such as "Gotta Go?", stay outside with him and give lots of praise the second he is finished going.

4. ChronicBlue

ChronicBlue New Member

tks for the sound advice ill start that right away.

5. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Don't forget to give him a treat when he goes . dogs will do anything for treats.

6. Jody

Jody New Member

Make sure when visitors come over you have your underwear draw locked as this is the only time your puppy will embarras you by dragging them out..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. heaven

heaven New Member

yes my baby loves to pop the lid on the hamper and grab my underware and run thru the house with them flying from her mouth... lol

8. Brian

Brian New Member

Hi all. I am a new member!
    I just got a shih tzu puppy 8 wks old , 2 wks ago. He 's such a good boy. I paper train him as I live in a high raise condo and can't take him out every hour. So for now paper training is best for Bamboo.

9. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

bamboo is a really cute name!

10. ChronicBlue

ChronicBlue New Member

Bamboo is an awsome name. I named my Little(Big) guy Loki-I

I was wondering. If at 8 weeks old my puppy is 16-17 inches tall n' 22 long

what size should he be when hes full grown? hes wolf/neopal mastif.

11. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

you were just on the Pit Bull board about having a 4 week old puppy right?

Do you have them around each other? How do they react to one another? Just wondering because the older one may be able to help the younger one with socialization the he lacked from being stolen from his mother.

12. honeybears

honeybears New Member

bully, i read that and you took the words right out of my mouth, the older pup should be able to help with socialization with the pb.

honeybear

13. Brian

Brian New Member

Hi

Thanks guys for liking my puppy's name.

Ok, since i have problem posting Bamboo's photo on the left hand side of the screen *the Avatar image * here is the link to the website I just made for him 2 hrs ago.

http://www.geocities.com/tomat20/bamboo.html

Please share photos of your pets if you got any. thanks :D

14. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Brian - what a cutie, I love the colors. my parents have one but it is all white

honeybear