1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

my 3 yr old Pommy...barking problem

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Brit, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Brit

Brit New Member

ok we all know Pommys....are so talkative...however my Cricket talks all the time..she barks all the time..she barks when there is any type of noise...she listens well when i tell ehr to be quiet she stops..but as soon as somthing making noise she barks again....drives me nuts becuase its all times of the day at night early in the morning...

And i know pommys attach themselves to a person which is my mom....but when Crick is in my moms room and my huskey/collies mix (Buffy)...goes in there Crick goes crazy.....barks....nips at her...it gets annoying after a while becuase ive had crick for three years nd buff for two so its not like they aren't used to her....thank god Buff isn't agressive twards her..becuase Buff would eat her....Crick 5 lbs buff 70lbs not a good combo....but any way if any one can give me some advise on things i can do to try to stop Crick from barking at everything i woujld greatly apprceit it

2. Rene

Rene New Member

i have yorkies and they are the same way but mine dont listen when i tell them to stop i went and bought a new squrit bottle filled it with water and only had to squrit them one time and all i have to do now is show it to them and they stop lol

3. Brit

Brit New Member

lol....

4. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

My Mom's poms love to terrorize my neighbor's bulldog and doberman yapping at them through the fence. And those fuzzy things are more hard-headed than my doxies! Anyway, I use a shake can on them. A few throws across the yard and then all I have to do is shake it from the deck and they will retreat. But it seems I have to start all over everytime they come over...so I don't know how trained they really are. But they run all over my parents lol.

5. pomlover

pomlover New Member

I have two of the little yippers and they DO bark at anything. Lacie even barks when she sees her own shadow. Guess she is going to scare it away before it gets her. LOL. I do shake a can and they do tend to quiet down, but they are both SOOOO stubborn that it really takes alot of patients with them. They are cute and they know it so they think they can get away with anything. Best of luck!!

6. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

I have a pom-a-poo. And she had a problem with barking. We live on the corner of our apartment building right next to a very busy sidewalk so she barked frequently. We got a squirt gun and would squirt her right above the eyes but in between the ears if she didn't stop barking after we told her two times to be quiet. If she sees us even lean towards the squirt gun she high tails it to the couch and sits all nicely and quitely. Maybe that would help.

7. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Funny how squirt bottles and guns work wonders huh.

8. lil96

lil96 New Member

Luther is a spitz (and they are like cousins of poms) so he goes through phases where he barks at anything and everything, but I have noticed these times are when I am busy and don't take him for as long of walks. I think it has something to do with territory and feeling trapped (not that they are, but..) so try walkikng longer or in different places and see if that helps the barking go down.

9. LadyT

LadyT New Member

I have a yorkie and he barks all the time, but this lady was telling me to fill a can with pennies and shake it, and they will stop. It works :y_the_best: