1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My betta has made first bubble nest

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by betta lover, Jan 17, 2005.

1. betta lover

betta lover New Member

My betta made its first bubble nest! Yay, but the problem is he isn't even a year old yet. I'm wondering if his just praticing this.

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i think he could breed now if he had a female and conditions were right....bubble nests are usually good indicators of a happy fish

3. betta lover

betta lover New Member

I'm just wondering if his old enough, his only 2-3 months old.

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I didnt think they could breed at such a young age but im probably wrong

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

oh, oops....idk then....when i read your oriinal psot, i thoguht i saw that u said it was 1 year old....my mistake.

6. betta lover

betta lover New Member

Its ok. I'm wondering if his just doing that to show off. :0011:

7. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Im guessing he practising or just going it for fun

8. betta lover

betta lover New Member

:| He must be doing it for fun because his bubble nest isn't really right. Its a bit going off the side.

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

He probably is just doing it because he's happy. But bettas can actually breed fairly young. I'm not sure of the exact age, but I know most betta breeders won't even consider breeding a betta that's over a year old.

-Chelle

10. betta lover

betta lover New Member

Maybe, though I think I'll wait a couple of months before I try to breed him. Just to be on the safe side.

11. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Congrats on your bubble nest.

If you bought you betta from a pet store chances are he's probably btwn 5-6 months old (about the time they become large enough to be sold at the pet store).

I've heard that some breeders start breeding males btwn 4-5 months old.

12. betta lover

betta lover New Member

Actually my mom got him for me. Its just his a bit smaller than my other male bettas. And this morning he made his nest bigger.

13. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

is that him in your avatar? if so he sure is a beauty.

14. betta lover

betta lover New Member

15. betta lover

betta lover New Member

I just distoryed his bubble nest, I know its mean, but I want to see if he'll do it again.

16. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

He looks like my bettas, DV and Marco.

17. betta lover

betta lover New Member

Really?! Well he did start to make small parts of it while I was in school. Its all broken up and there are only two small peices.