1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My boys grown up

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by papillon/mom, Jun 4, 2004.

1. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

here is Max and Rosco, Max is all grown up now but Rosco is still growing when I first got him he had a cast on (little boy stepped on his metacarpel but he is fine now cast is off and no scars or fractures) so you can see the cast http://pic10.pictuetrail.com/VOL308...trail.com/VOL308/1896582/3662375/55545480.jpg

2. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

3. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

4. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

They are adorable!
    How are papillon's with children?
    I do not know much about the breed...

5. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

I don't actually have kids but I have nephews and nieces that come over and play w/them all the time, they love it Max and Rosco are just barkers not biters. I personally love the breed they are very rare in my area, there are a few actually 3 in my whole city (its small) but they are very loveable Max is so dainty and fluffy Rosco well he is the crazy one he is so squirmy that I can't get a hold of him and he is only 4lbs (1.5 @4 months) so he sneaks away all the time.. What breed is your pup?

6. Riley'sMom

Riley'sMom New Member

AWE adorable babies!! :eek: :eek: Even if they are grown up :wink:

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Trial Just seeing if I can get picture to show up without clicking on it. Both your paps are so cute. How much do they weigh? [​IMG]

8. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

They might be all grown up, but they are still as cute as could be!!! :y_the_best:

9. nern

nern New Member

They are sooo cute together!! :D

I take it the introduction went well?

10. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

OMG! I sooooooo agree! They are adorable.... :) !!!

and I hate to admit it, but Rosco looks PERTY DARN CUTE with that cast on ...hehe

11. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

thanks guys, some of you (Nern) may remember when I was just getting Rosco I was nervous because Max did not like other dogs at all especially in his house but he was so good I couldn't believe it I was so happy, we did the neutral territory thing at a park by our house and they were so nice I was trully amazed now they are best friends, they play all the time, I have to yell at them because they growl (softly) but sometimes it becomes botersome. I have never had dogs before and now I love them, I love all little ones, I am still very afraid of big scary ones, like rottys people say they are so nice I am so scared of them. All your dogs are so cute........I don't have kids so now I have my boys.....

12. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

I do remember how nervous you were about getting a second dog! However, it looks and sounds as though they are getting along wonderfully! :y_the_best:

Concerning the growling, what you hear is probably dog-friendly growling, which is not necessarily bad and not uncommon...it's just one form of play for dogs. My two shih-poos will playfully growl with one another while wrestling and running around. As long as they are not growling at you, and if it isn't aggression related growling (which often has a strong "snarl" type sound to it), it shouldn't be a concern/problem! :D

13. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

They are really cuties. I know what you mean about kids ours are all grown now in their own homes and my dogs are my babies.

14. nern

nern New Member

Papillion/mom: Glad to hear it worked out so well. No kids here either....only furkids for now. :wink:

15. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

responding to the question on weight Rosco is 4lbs he will maybe gain 1 or 2 more pounds but that is all, as for Max (Chubby) well he is 11 (a little chubby but healthy) Max is fully grown and hopefully this summer he will loose a pound or two. How many pounds usually do malti-poo and peeka poo's (?) weigh?

16. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

They are so cute. I had wanted to get a parti pom but am thinking about a papillion as they have the colors already and here arent too hard to find. The poms are alot more rare in the colors I want and more expensive.

17. Jody

Jody New Member

Awwwww they are so lovely. They have got beautifull colouring. :eek: :eek:

18. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

reply to 3dogs I have, Poms are more rare in your area than paps? My area is completly opposite, we have allot of poms but no paps. I personally love the breed both my boys have totally different personalities, Max (older) is very dainty, elegant very affectionate, Rosco he is very small, crazy, frisky, but can be very loving. Papillons usually go from $$800-$1200, poms in my area are like $300-450. My boys I got from the same breeder, I love her paps and she takes good care of her pups, I had to get them from Ada, OK which is very far from NY but it was worth it. Keep me posted as to what you get I am curious. I think poms and paps are somewhat similar in the nose and eyes, paps have different ears which are very important in their breed, poms are usually one color where my boys are tri colored. LOL..........I did allot of research on paps so if you have any ??'s please ask away......