1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My Budgie isn't well......

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by cutiepie, Jan 25, 2008.

1. cutiepie

cutiepie New Member

Hi! I have a 2 year old budgie, Buster, who, as a family, we have had since he was able to leave his mother. He has had very good health and has been a lively budgie up until a few days ago. He now is huddled up on his perch and seems to be really ill. He also keeps loosing his balance. I've researched on the interent and the only diagnosis that matches his symptoms is concussion. If anyone has any other ideas or can give me some advice, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Rachel

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

He needs to be seen by an avian vet ASAP as this can be a sign of a stroke aswell, If left to see how he gets on he may get worse and eventually even death may occur, I do not want to worry or scare you but when any animal shows signs of illness like this when usually they are lively then your only option is a vet.

Place him in a box and keep him warm and quiet until you can get him to a vet.

Sorry i could not be of more help..

Mike