1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My budgie' toe, seeking advice

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by lilgreendragon, Dec 13, 2006.

1. lilgreendragon

lilgreendragon New Member

Hi, I have a question about my parakeet's toes. A couple weeks back I noticed that one of the toes on his right foot is not where it's supposed to be. Instead of having two toes in the back and two in the front, he has three in the front and one in the back. I'm not sure if he broke it or sprained it, or what. It doesnt seem to bother him at all, ( he walks around and climbs as per normal ) but I'm wondering if there could be long term affects or problems that could occur. Any advice is extremely appreciated.

thank you
    Leslie

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

It could just be a deformatity this happens with some birds when they are forming in the egg..

Aslong as its not bothering him, He is not limping and is still his normal active self then it is nothing to worry about.

The only time you will need to worry is if he looks like its causing pain and he can't climb or grip hisn perches, Then you will need to call and avian vet and have them to look at it and see whats going on.

Mike

3. lilgreendragon

lilgreendragon New Member

Thank you very much Mike!

Mike, thank you so much for taking the time to anwer my queston, it is very much appreciated! I feel very relieved. I will keep an eye on my little one :)

Leslie