1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My cat whins at night

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by betta lover, Aug 30, 2005.

1. betta lover

betta lover New Member

She's not a purebreed she was a stray, but anywho. My little girl whins in the middle of the night. She never use to do that, but I don't know why she does that. Does anyone know why she does that?

2. wildflower_131

wildflower_131 New Member

is she desexed??? my cat would do the same but more like howl before she was desexed.

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

my foster, MaiTai, has been doing this lately - she's a blind 13 year old Siamese so when she yowls in the middle of the night one takes notice LOL
    she's cold...2 nights I was up trying to figure out why after 6 months in my home she was starting to do this.
    Finally one night I put out one of my son's old baby guilts and MaiTai climbs under that and she's happy. My hubby was hogging the blankets on the couple of cold nights we had and MaiTai couldn't get under them now she has her own.
    Could be you also have a strange cat hanging around at night upsetting your cat

4. dawnreger

dawnreger New Member

I don't know if anyone elses cat does this, but my cat Bailey will drag my clothes around the house and cry while he is doing so.

5. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Sabrina will do that also. She will sometimes come down the hall and "chatter". (She doesn't usually make any noise.) If I tell her to hush, she usually will. I can't imagine she's cold down here--but maybe she is.

6. betta lover

betta lover New Member

Well she was desexed, but she was pregnat at the time. (We did really know, she was only one month pregnat) And she thinks I her mother, she aways fallows me. When I tell her to be quiet she will stop for a minute then start whining again.

7. eman

eman New Member

my vet told me that sometimes cats are not spayed properly that they still feel that they are in heat..but dont get pregnant. because i had a cat that was spayed but would whine alot at night..espicially when she sees another cat outside. another reason my cat cried at night is when she is really bored. because she would sleep during the day..and then at night she wants to play and everyone is tired wanting to sleep :| but then i would play with her for half an hour and make her run alot after a toy attached to a string..then she would get tired and go to sleep :)

8. RavenWolf

RavenWolf New Member

I had heard that they are looking for their Mommy, which is you.
    And if they are anything like my cats, will whin until they hear you say something, and then they come upstairs.
    Someone told me that once...not sure how true it is.

9. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

My son recently came home on leave from the military. He was here for three weeks and Booger became really attached to him. They played together all the time. The day my son left to go back to his base, I was in bed sleeping and woke to Booger crying downstairs. She had never done that before and it really worried me at first.

Now, I think she just misses him. She's been doing that on and off ever since he left. When I wake and hear her crying, I call out her name and she comes bouncing up the stairs and hops in bed with me and is fine then.

I'm convinced that when Booger does that, she's just lonely.

But another possibility is the fact that there are two neighborhood cats that have been hanging around on our porch. Booger can see them from her favorite window and when she spys them out there, she'll run from window to window trying to keep an eye on them.