1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

MY CATS HAVE BLOOD IN THEIR STOOL, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Anna25, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Anna25

Anna25 New Member

I have a 3 year old cat named Boomer, then i decided to get a another kitten so my older one is not lonely or bored and has someone to play with. Within a couple of weeks after i brought the little one home they both got worms, so i took them to the vet and it was taken care of. A couple of weeks later i noticed some blood in their stool so i called the vet again, and i gave him a sample of the stool for a test and the vet told me he couldn't find anything, so i tried the test again....nothing.....
    It's so frustrating when you can't help your pets, i was so confused and angry. The vet suggested that we do a better test but it will cost 150$ so i said okay, lets do it as long as it will help to find out why is there blood and mucus in my cats stool....
    So we did that test and the vet prescribed the medications called METRONIDAZOLE BENZOATE. I gave it to my cats for 10 days, but it never helped ..... only the older cat seems to have much less blood, but the little one still has it... and the poop stinks.... I don't know what to do anymore i spent so much money on tests, i wish i can just find out what the problem is, im willing to do anything just to help them... :cry:

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Welcome and sorry to hear about your fur babies... are they straining in the litterbox? Do they drink enough water?? The vet seems to be treating for Giardia and coccidia my only concern when someone says Blood in stool and fowl smell...is Distempter have they had their vacc's?? It is highly contagious...

3. Anna25

Anna25 New Member

Thanx for your reply HDrydr..
    Yes my cats were treated for giardia and coccidia.
    The decease that you are talking about is most commonly associated with domestic animals such as dogs and ferrets, although it can infect wild animals
    also.
    My cats drink plenty of water and have a good apatite. And i forgot to say that they had all of their vaccines done. My older cat is much better now, THANK GOD no more blood in his stool, but the little one still has some blood...i don't know its so frustrating. :cry:
    I just don't understand how a vet that has been working with animals for 30 years wouldn't know why all of this is happening...
    [/b]

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi sorry to hear what you little fur babies are going through.
    i found this website which i thought might help you.
    It is a good read and gives information on different reasons why cats can have blood in their stools..

http://www.professorshouse.com/Pets/Cat ... its-Stool/

Mike