1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My crazy cat, Max

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by eman, Oct 5, 2007.

1. eman

eman New Member

Hello everyone,

After moving to a new house, i started letting Max out during the day. He usually stays in the backyard. Sometimes if he sees another cat or something that interests him, he goes after it and then comes back. Well last night, my kids let him out by accident, around 6:00 pm, when they went out to play. I didnt realize untill it was around 11:00 pm that he was not home. I went out called for him, but no answer. I shook his favorite treat bag..nothing. I stayed waiting for him until around 4:00 am. I was really worried because I thought he must be very very hungry by now, but maybe he was stuck somewhere and couldnt come back. Plus it started to snow. So I took my flash light and went out calling and looking everywhere. I came back home 30 mins later, and still no sign of him. At around 6:00 am i heard him outside, so i went to look and he was just walking around. He was fine, he didnt even want to come inside. So i went out and carried him into the house. I was worried sick while he was out having fun. So i went online and was searching for something that would help me find him if this ever happens again. and i found something called "loc8tor plus". You would attach one of the tags to your cat and the handheld will help you find the location of the tag. I am really interested in trying it out. Just wondering if anyone here has tried it or knows of a similar product.

Thanks!

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Sounds like you're the mother of a typical teenage boy! The Loc8tor sounds interesting.

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. That loc8tor sounds great. I know they make something similar for kid's cell phones. Basically it's satellite operated and you can go online to check their location. Is it like this as well? I'd be very interested to hear more if you do get it.

How fun that you have snow this time of year. Here in Sunny California it's still sunny and warm out!

4. eman

eman New Member

I dont know if it uses the satellite, but it comes with a handheld and on the screen it would show you how close you are to the object. So you dont use the internet for this one. I dont know about kid's cell phones but this one works only if you are less than 183 meters away from the object. So to look for something, you would need to be walking around if the object is out of range.

this is their website http://www.loc8tor.com/

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

It sounds really interesting. Are you going to get one?

6. Chezza

Chezza New Member

LOL @ him having the time of his life, cheeky sod hey..My Kitties don't go far at all thank goodness, I call them and they come running straight away, so I'm lucky there, Tiff hangs around the sheepskin mat by the door most times, but will take a wonder to find jay, then they play :mrgreen:
    BUT we have to move again into another house :eek: , so its another change for them, so they will be kept indoors for a while till they settle.. :D

7. vene

vene New Member

That's a lot of work moving Chezza! Good luck!

8. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Thanks vene, Oh I know.. :? I just hope the kitties will be OK..The move will be our last, its into our "Own Home" now, from the big mover interstate, we had to rent, now we can go in our own WHIPEEEEEEE :eek: :eek:
    So my beloved pets will have stability now for the rest of there lives.. :y_the_best:

9. vene

vene New Member

Congrats on your new home Chezza! When is the move and how long the ride? All your pets will be happy no matter where they go as long as they have you and your loving family to take care of them.

10. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Thanks.. :D We are so excited, we cant wait.. We are awaiting the house to be finished, builders take forever, the ride is about 10 to 15 Min's away, not even that really..So they don't have far to go at all..We will get all the stuff in first before collecting the animals, so I can keep a good eye on them for the settling in process, I want to make it as easy as I can for them all.. :D