1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My dog and I got into an argument!!??

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by DogLover, Aug 3, 2004.

1. DogLover

DogLover New Member

Hehe, this is really funny...

Last night, I was at my desk, doing some work. Chobby, my 4-month Cavalier, followed and stayed in the room with me. He wandered in the room. The next thing I knew was that he started digging and chewing on the carpet. I stopped him and started yelling at him for a good 3 minutes.

Guess what, he barked back after each sentence I said, and he barked angrily too. I stopped the yell because I thought it was just too funny and that he's got his own personality.

Do yours do the same thing?

2. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:lol: I sure do have one of those! Little back talkers! Sarge does that too or he cried horrifically loud while your telling him no so it sounds like he is being tortured!

3. Rene

Rene New Member

Thats too funny Sebastain does the same thing yesterday i took my son to a baseball game that we thought started at 1 when we got there they had changed game time to 5 so we spent the day in the city getting home around 10:30 at night i walked in and petted them and my gosh he just stood there yelling (barking) at me non stop my mom and i were cracking up she said he is telling you that you have been gone all day and he dosnt like that it's sunday and you should be home with him it was so funny. Then he grabed his ball so i had to play with him for a little while man was i tried.

4. DogLover

DogLover New Member

Rene: Sebastain sure has a very unique personality!!! It's really fun to observe how dogs express themselves.

We don't usually go to bed till midnight, but Chobby's sleeping scheduled starts around 11pm. One night, we stayed up really late in the study room, while Chobby was sleeping in the bedroom. It was around 1:30am, we saw a half-sleeping doggie coming into the study room and looking at us funny (like if we were the strange ones). We soon realized that it was really late and that Chobby was coming to check on us..."why aren't you in bed yet?"

5. Rene

Rene New Member

it's really funny how they are like that sebastain will do the same thing he will go to bed with me then walk around and check on everyone else then come back to bed with me. Its' really odd he knows when my mom doesnt feel good (she has enphazima and lives with me) he will lay with her instead of me. Funny how they are like that and now (since she has moved in) when i get up in the morning instead of following me around the house sebastain and jasmine go lay in bed with my mom silly dogs

6. DogLover

DogLover New Member

I think dogs have senses that are far more significant than humans. They know what's going on around their environment even though we don't know how they perceive it.

Before my mutt, Yew, passed away, she went to say goodbye to everyone she had loved and whom had loved her. No body knew why she was crying for no reason till the next morning she was found dead beside my uncle's car (that's the place where she chose to lay down for the last time).

7. Rene

Rene New Member

AWW that is sweet and sad at the same time. When i droped my Nala off at the vet she looked so sad and didnt want to go to the back with them she gave me a kiss and waited till i came back to pick her up before she passed.

They do have a way to know things when Sebastain startes going to my moms room lots i always check on her he knows something i dont and i always want to be sure she is ok when she has a hard time breathing he will sit next to her (most of the time he is licking her ear lol) or he will come and get me to take me there to see if she is ok

8. lil96

lil96 New Member

yea luther doens't bark back when he is in trouble, but everyday when my bf comes home, I hide somewhere and jump out and scare him, Luther plays along ad doesn'T let my bf know where I am, until I jumped out and scream then Luther comes from the otherside and starts barking. Its funny. But if we are up late he will give us that look like come on time for bed

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Doglover, your dog may be barking at you when you yell at him because he thinks you are barking back! Yelling really doesn't do anything positive with children or dogs. No one is impressed when their "leader" loses control. But it sure does feel good sometimes, doesn't it?!

10. Jody

Jody New Member

Japser knows when she is in trouble and when I really yell at her, she'll bark back at me. Other times she'll just roll on her back in front of me and want a belly rubb when I'm cranky with her. After being in trouble, she'll go grab the ball and want me to through it to her.....Of course I'm a sucker and play ball with her then. Sometimes I think she does it on purpose just so I can go play ball with her.

11. pyrmom

pyrmom New Member

Hi everyone. Don't mean to butt in, but I know what you mean about "sassy" pups! our youngest (4 month old Arwen) will bark after each snetence when scolded, has since she was about 10 weeks old. You want to be mad, since they ARE in trouble, but you can't help but laugh~ which sort of negates that whole discipline thing :roll:

This is Beau's attitude on the whole being told what to do by mom thing
    [​IMG]

12. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Our newest edition (the puppy from mars that came with sams litter of puppies but must have gotten seperated from the pack) barks back when you are talking to her. Like when you tell her for the 100th time that day that toilet paper is not a chew toy. Or to get out of the food bowl we only put our heads in not the whole body. Stuff like that. She got really mad at me the other day becuase I wouldent let her fall down the stairs on the back deck. I am so mean to her, LOL.

Pyrmom Beau is a nice looking dog! We have another pyr owner floating around here somewhere as well.

13. DogLover

DogLover New Member

It was fun to hear everyone's story!!!

My Chobby barks back everytime when I raise my voice...sigh...I wasn't mean to him at all. I guess I spoil him too much. He never barks at my husband... :?

Call me crazy, I made up my own songs and sing at home. My hubby thinks my songs are horrible. Yesterday I repeated the same song over and over. Guess what, Chobby started singing with me. He tried to mimic two sounds "auu woo" a few times and barked the rest with me. It was hilarious....to me at least.

14. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Dogs are wonderful and brighten our day. I have two that knows when i'm going to have an anxity attack. One is a yorkie and he will want on my lap. the other is a chihuahua and he will lick my hand. BoBo the yorkie sleeps by the computer till i'm ready to go to bed.