1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My Dog ate Canned Peaches help!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Ehilse, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Ehilse

Ehilse New Member

I have a 5 month old Pure breed Husky, i gave here around 400gms of peaches (left overs). Afew hours later i noticed she is peeing herself while asleep. i had no idea that dogs can't eat peaches. How worried should i be? Because i'm pretty worried!!!

If anyone has any ideas about this please let me no. :oops:

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

after googling dog eating peaches only the peach pits are a problem and I don't think canned peaches have pits in them. The pit can cause an obstruction.
    She might be peeing in her sleep from an overdose of preservatives in the canning process.....sodium perhaps

3. Ehilse

Ehilse New Member

Update..
    Thanks for your reply, i'm in mummy mood with my second pregnancy so i stress out over anything at the moment! But Sasha (my husky) is up to her old tricks now. Thanks again. It's amazing all those foods that can be harmful to our pets.

ehilse :wink:

4. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Your dog may have gotten an overload of sugar if the peaches were packed in heavy syrup. That might account for her urinating in her sleep. Her blood sugar spiked, and her kidneys responded by upping the production of urine until she released enough insulin to handle the overload of sugar. The peaches shouldn't have been a problem.

Then again, the peeing may have been totallly unrelated.