1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My dog is urinating upstairs after being boarded at a kennel

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by TERANICHOLE, Nov 2, 2006.

1. TERANICHOLE

TERANICHOLE New Member

We got our 9 month old female german shep/golden ret. from an animal shelter 7weeks ago. She is in good health. We went out of town last week and had her boarded for 6 days for the first time. We just picked her up 2 days ago,and now she wont stop urinating upstairs in our house. (That is the only place she's been doing this.) She has no problem asking to go outside and still doing her thing. Why is she doing this?

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

hi! Hopefully the experts will chime in, but what comes to mind for me possibly is

she is in a different environment at the kennel so she was holding it going to the bathroom, now causing a urinary infection from holding it, or picking it up from another dog. Or she is mad that you left her and she is marking. I think I would get her to the vet to rule out a UTI first. And make sure you clean the area, with Natures Miracle to clean the area.

3. Sara

Sara New Member

My thoughts exactly Honeybears!

4. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

yes, my thoughts would be UTI from holding it. I work at a kennel at a vet and we have dogs come in who refuse to go to the bathroom, they'll go at least 2-3 days sometimes, and as soon as their owner picks them up they go outside and let it all loose, lol.

5. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

I would definately rule out an UTI.

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Ditto - get her checked out by a vet. You can collect some urine in a container and bring it in for a culture if you need to save a little money, but having the vet actually examine her might be a good thing.

Do make sure you clean up the spots where she has had accidents with a enzymatic cleaner, such as Nature's Miracle (there are other brands sold in pet stores as well). You could also not allow her upstairs for a while until you get this under control.

7. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Yep...rule out a UTI.

Any change in routine can trigger a behavioural change.

8. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Hi:

If everything medical checks out ok it may be behaviorial.

Can you tell me if there has been any change in your daily routine lately (we already know of the recent change due to having to board her)

Have you been able to tell if she urinates within 5-60 minutes of realizing you are not there?

It could be a slight case of seperation anxeity brewing.