1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My dogs stink, yuck

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by winnie, Oct 26, 2006.

1. winnie

winnie New Member

Oh boy the dogs have the worst gas, I dont know why. I havnt changed food or given them anything new. I have 5 dogs and I swear it just permantetly stinks, if one isnt farting another is. Can i give them something? Otherwise they are fine, normal stool, acting normal,I just havnt a clue whats causing it.

They are not normally stinky dogs, they get bathed regularly and i spray them everyday with doggy colgne and brush them.

I need a gas mask :(

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Oh you should have 5 Mastiffs with gas!!!! yeah, its "wonderful" (sarcasm totally intended)
    I feed mine a supliment called Probios, it REALLY helps.

3. Nik

Nik New Member

I was talking about this with a friend just the other day. His dog had terrible wind. I can honestly say I've never, ever noticed Floob have it. My old dog used to have it quite bad at times, but Floobs just never let one rip... well not around people anyway :lol:

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

What do you feed them? They shouldn't need baths that often to not smell. Often, the food we feed them is what makes them smell!

5. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Gas is the product of poor digestion of food. You might try changing to a more digestable food though it might cost more.
    Might try a few drops of Beano on the food. I used to do that for my old Lab.

6. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Gas is usually a digestion problem, but sometimes it's also caused by swallowed air. If your dogs are gulping their food, they're also swallowing air. Most of it will come back up as a big burp, but some passes through with the food, and it comes out the other end. Not much you can do about that, other than add some charcoal biscuits or a couple of parsley oil capsules to their diet. It won't stop the gas, just makes it less smelly.