1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My filter keeps sucking my smaller fish onto it.....

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by McLaaud, May 13, 2004.

1. McLaaud

McLaaud New Member

My filter keeps sucking my smaller fish onto it...:cry: should I hide it with rocks?
    if so... how will it filter the nasty stuff out of the water that gets blocked by the rocks? :?:

2. beautfulmine

beautfulmine New Member

what type of filter do you have?
    what type of fish?
    how big is the fish?

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Try putting either a sponge pre-filter on the intake or some pantyhose works good too.

-Chelle

4. J_acon

J_acon New Member

:shock: WOW that's a HUGE Avatar, can u make it smaller?

Anyway, about the filter, put a sponge around the intake.

5. McLaaud

McLaaud New Member

:? Is that going to let all of the $#!+ get filtered out of the tank? (the sponge idea)

10 gallon tank
    Bio filter (with the wheel)
    small mollies
    any more questions?? :p

6. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

filter sucking in fish

I did it with my tank a while ago because my African dwarf frogs were getting sucked on to the filter intake. It worked just fine with the foam around the tube. Fluval makes the perfect shape foam for the tube of an H.O.B. filter I just cut the cyllinder shaped foam in half so the box got me 4 of them. Just make sure to rinse it often and change it frequently.

7. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i had the same probolem with my neon tetras. what i did was i used a stocking and i covered the filters basket (the plastic nossle for the water to be sucked into.) abd i left it on there fir about 3 weeks though every day you have to tighten it because it starts to sag. this way it still has a flow but the fish can wain strength againced it and when taking it off slowly lake it off like one day pull 1/4th off than so on

8. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

How odd,

I have a jewel rekord 70 aqauarium, and the filter is inbuilt and as my siamese fighter male swims past, his finnage gets sucked in to the filter and he is kinda stuck on there till he makes the effort to de-attach himself!

hehe.