1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My goldfish died for no reason :( can n e one help? Please

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Goldfishmommi, May 13, 2005.

1. Goldfishmommi

Goldfishmommi New Member

I've been crying all day but I kept thinking why did she die she's young and the tank it healthy. But before she died she kept doing something wierd she would go to the bottom of the tank and plant her self there for awhile and then swim somewhere else and do the same again? Can any one help me discover why she died? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

It could have been anything. Finding out how a fish died is like finding a needle in a haystack. It could be ammonia or nitrite poisioning, parasites, a certain sickness, or it was just a bad fish in the batch.
    How long have you had the fish? What kind of tank was it in? Was the water changed regularly?

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I'm sorry about your fish. :(

How big was the tank? Any tankmates? What were your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?

-Chelle

4. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Pretty much the only way to figure out is getting full readings of ur tank, and if all of those were good it could have been internal parasites. Lil *** are hard to detect, if your fish was acting strange, you should have posted your concern earlier and maybe we could have helped you.
    Sry about ur fish :(

EDIT: Watch the language please.

5. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

yeah usually fish don't just die for no reason.

6. Jennytoons

Jennytoons New Member

It couldn't have died for no reason.

Sorry about your fish :cry:

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Sorry to hear that! What type of goldfish do you have? What are your water readings? About how big was your goldfish? How big is your tank?